Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have the Kuga PHEV with the 12v battery situated in the boot. It has a recess around it that looks as though a spare wheel can be placed into it. Is there a spare wheel available and can one fit in over the battery does anyone know? Also, no battery cover was over the battery and yet a photo I have seen on a dealers website shows the battery with a cover over it.
Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I would be asking the dealer where the cover is. From the photo's I have seen it would appear that models with spare wheel do not have the cover and ones with the can of liquid and a compressor should have a cover. Years ago the spare wheel option was a dealer fit as well as a factory fit but your supplying dealer will confirm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the spare wheel option. fitted from the factory. I didn't know the 12v battery was under the wheel. Was wondering where it was! I'll check re the cover.

·
Registered
2020 Kuga ST Line 1.5 EcoBoost
5 Posts
I have the spare wheel option. fitted from the factory. I didn't know the 12v battery was under the wheel. Was wondering where it was! I'll check re the cover.
HI,
Can I ask if you'd be able to tell me what size wheel/tyre the spare is please?
This is my first car to not have a spare, thinking of getting one from "the Bay" to sling in there, just in case, so long as I have the size I'd be able to buy with confidence.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts