Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I have the Zetec model with lots of options, but the standard Ford single CD audio unit.

Does anyone know if this unit should play MP3 CD's?

I am unsure if this unit should play them or not as I have failed to get one to play so far.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just a word of warning if you have the standard cd player like me and are looking at putting a sony one in make sure it can be configured. I got the sony unit put it in and it messed all my bluetooth and voice control up, i had to take my car to fords for them to configure it and it still didnt work. Im now back to my normal unit GUTTED!!!!!. The normal unit does not play mp3's but the sony does and the quality is brilliant,also it looks so much better.So if you can live without your bluetooth and voice control then go for it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a pain having to change the CD but I suppose there is always the MP3 socket. It doesn't sound too bad, not great, but not that bad. My last car was a top of the range S-Max and that sound system sounded a lot worse! I don't know why that was, but the S-Max unitwas the worst sounding CD system I have ever had in a car. Mind you I didn't use it all that much as I liked listening to the turbo engine. The Kuga system has a lot more bass and is a lot louder. I have got myself a cheap iPod Shuffle so I will give that a go later and see how it sounds.
Edited by: Darkmetal

·
Registered
61 Posts
I also have a zetec and i got my radio upgraded to the sony 6 Cd system but there has been no problems configuring anything. my bluetooth works fine and all the voice commands ect work fine. the only problem i have had is that this unit also incorporates a dab radio and i think the aerial needs changing as i get no dab signal

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello,
I have the standard radio (because the more expensive types did not fit into my leasing amount) and now I have bought a 2-din Pioneer AVIC-F900BT.
Does anyone know if it is easy to replace these radio's?
Does the Kuga have standard ISO connectors or do you need additional adapters?
Normally this should be a half hour job.
Any help/tips are welcome.

·
Registered
108 Posts
you might need a few power adapter cables as ford doesnt use standard iso jobbies... but it is a very simple task to change the head units over! The speaker cables should just fit in?

Us UK people have a reasonable shop called halfords - they normallysell these crossover leads you may need - not that thats any help to you
in the netherlands....

Only problems i've ever had is linked with bluetooth & voice control (if u had them they probably wont work with the pio unit)...+ fitting the unit into the existing hole - sometimes the surrounds are a little different! Oh one more item would be the column stalk controls - some radio's work and some dont...

let us know how you got on...

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Pioneer will work great just buy iso conectors fora ford buya stalk control conector and your face plate and bracket....

·
Registered
295 Posts
ISO adapters (power and speakers) I have found, but "a stalk control conector and your face plate and bracket" doesn't ring a bell.
Got maybe (a) link(s) so that I exactly know what you mean?

·
Registered
295 Posts
The 2 din plate to built it in I have found, but standard ISO adapters for Ford should not do the trick.
Someone told me you should by a CAN-BUS interface/adapter (??) or something like that, but I haven't got a clue what is meant!

anyone?

·
Registered
108 Posts
The can bus is the main communication link throughout the car... links in the radio, instrument cluster etc..etc..etc...

the can bus controls the power into the ford radio... ie when the ignition is off the can-bus controls the 1hr stand-by on the radio... or if you leave the interior light on the can bus will kill the power to it after a couple of hours - so it doesnt drain the battery...

would have thought the iso cross over cable would have included this feature????

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi when i had the f700bt i needed the iso connectors, which just plug into each other save you cutting wire's etc.... like the old way of doing it.

It was really easy to do i also got the stalk control adapter so i could still use the stalk feature.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention the bracket is just a rectangle metal type plate so your new unit will fit nice and smug inside your exsisting hole and the face plate is just to hide the holes around the edge.

·
Registered
295 Posts
JMGKUGA said:
Hi when i had the f700bt i needed the iso connectors, which just plug into each other save you cutting wire's etc.... like the old way of doing it.

It was really easy to do i also got the stalk control adapter so i could still use the stalk feature.
stalk control adapter?? I am asking once again, cause you keep repeating it and i do not have a clue what it is.
can you please send a link?!

(the 700 does not have gyro / reverse etc: that is why it is easier to fit in.)

·
Registered
295 Posts
JMGKUGA said:
Sorry forgot to mention the bracket is just a rectangle metal type plate so your new unit will fit nice and smug inside your exsisting hole and the face plate is just to hide the holes around the edge.
you could just have forgotten this because i already mentioned in an earlier post that I had already found all the information about this plate

1 - 18 of 18 Posts