Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi at the moment trying to strike a great bargain deal for a new kuga 2wd zetec anyone have any tips or ideas on how to get the best deal for zetec 2wd with apperance pack and dose anyone have one of these are they ok did not want a 4x4 but the wife wanted a "jeepe looking car " so the 2wd drive is fine will this stil be affected by the governments road fund licence attack oo 4x4 s. help appreciated
thanks kev

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry was asking for adviceon purchasing a kuga on what i thought was a friendly forum not a lesson in english or web talk takes all sorts i suppose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is a friendly forum but you make it easier for everyone (including yourself) when you use things like punctation marks.
Also shouting (like you now do in your last post) doesn't help.
These are normal forum rules and apply in almost every forum.

But ofcourse we are always willing to help other Kuga (or future) owners
!

Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do quite like this forum and it is useful to owners both present and future but I have noticed some folks seem to get a bit arsey and pedantic more so than other forums Ive been on.

I have always been one who cringes at the use/misuse of the Queens english insomepublishedmaterialbut I think a certain amount of lattitude needs to be
given on forums and the like.

It is an information exchange, not an English class.

Also think on, being picky with others is the best way of putting yourself up to be shot down on your own postings.

·
Registered
260 Posts
capainkevey said:
hi at the moment trying to strike a great bargain deal for a new kuga 2wd zetec anyone have any tips or ideas on how to get the best deal for zetec 2wd with apperance pack and dose anyone have one of these are they ok did not want a 4x4 but the wife wanted a "jeepe looking car " so the 2wd drive is fine will this stil be affected by the governments road fund licence attack oo 4x4 s. help appreciated
thanks kev

Anyway Kev.

A main dealer will pay £15,095 for a 2WD Zetec.

They then pay £234 for the Appearance pack on the Zetec, plus £340 for metallic paint if you so wished desired it.

So what you need to do is find out roughly how much of a margin the dealer needs to make off a sale to get the best price available.

I would roughly say at least £1,500 needs to be made on top of this total for them to consider a deal. With this information at hand I would email a few Ford dealerships and say XXXXX is the best price I have been offered ona new Kuga and can you beat it? And see what quotes you get from them and you should have a fair idea of what would be the least they could do a deal for.

And the road tax band for the 2WD is D3, while the AWD is E3. But that is still pretty good when you look at the 2.5t band....G2!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your reply daisbuys and the kind words of some other members
so far i have had a quote for a 2wd with app pack £1000 dep £1000 ford offer dep £203 p/m 4 2years and final option payment of £9418 in 2ys time if i want to keep it seem like a fair deal to you ? went to another dealer to day they said the 2wd was not even being made yet

some dealers dont want to be interested even when they are selling nothing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts