Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from a newbie with 1st (and probably stupid) question.

Just got my AWD titanium with x pack, appearance pack and some other stuff which I wont bore you with...............anyway I had a sony in my Mondeo Ghia x and it was a 6 disc in dash thingymajig

I assumed / assume that the sony dab in the Kuga is also 6 disc however I have followed theinstructions in the manual and pressed and held the (what I think is the) load button but it just comes up "no cd"

1 - Is it just a singledisc player?

2 -What am I doing wrong?

3 - Am I a thicko ????

Many thanks in advance etc etc

Ian

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi ips (Ian) think you have the Sony single CD/DAB player. Sadly the 6 Cdyou assumed you had like most things Ford these days, isjust an option. Note you live in the North West, Hey! best of luck with DAB reception. Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob
Well thats just bloody typical, spec'd up to F** but only plays one cd

And no USB only the aux port in the glove box, thinkI will have to enter the 21st century and put an ipod thingy on my xmas list. Then get 17yr old daughter to show me how to use the thing.

Thank you for the confirmation I was begining to think I was going stupid.

Yep oop north not far from you about 30m north west in fact

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh forgot to say, dab reception seems ok but lost it in north wales this morning on way back from business trip. Only problem is I dont think that voice command woman understands northern accents........... ended up swearing at the stupid woman who kept wanting to "delete name" instead oftune to"station name" as I kept asking her. Typical bloody woman wont do as she is told....

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Ian, A 17 year old sounds about right to steer us all in the right direction, unfortunately as I do not work for Ford I could only afford a basic Titanium so do not have such niceties as Voice Control or even a USB conn. I-pod works just fine on AUX via 3.5mmfly lead but you will have to manually operate your MP3, so Ijustclick onrandom or playlists and let it play. Just filling up my new toy the 64Gig I-Pod Touch at the moment. Good Luck. Bob.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can an iPhone or similar play audio via the bluetooth connection?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks! Haven't yet taken delivery -hopefully tomorrow I will get to play with all these gadgets.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Seat back trays. Thanks Snowman.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know what all this stuff about seat trays is all about but for the record...................I have em

I assume that makes me a member of some sort of club...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Watch out ips - Bob will have watchdog on you....or bludgeon you to death with an original Sony Walkman !!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL....Can someone please tell me what all this seat trays stuff is about.
I assume that some kugas have em and some should but dont ?????

Did I mention that my Kuga has got em

·
Registered
882 Posts
Talk about rubbing it in !!!! - Bob - ever thought about trading it in for one that has got them ????

.......or swopping to a ' lonely place ' Tiguan - you'll get both the trays and the roof bars as standard
Edited by: Rampman

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rampman said:
Talk about rubbing it in !!!! - Bob - ever thought about trading it in for one that has got them ????

Rampman - Do you meen seat trays, has bob not got them then

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ips - I think he might be missing them....wait till he logs on & await fallout

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oooh .... me thinks I may have alienated myself within two days of joining.

WISH I HAD NEVER MENTIONED THE FACT THATI HAVE GOT SEAT TRAYS NOW ....

·
Registered
882 Posts
I didnt want to upset him but the Kuga I test drove last week had them & was in Tango ( which I believe he liked but is no longer available )- which one you plumped for ??

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Rampman, Swap . . . Wellno, if you have the trays it means that your Kuga is the older model ouch!! the New model, which I have ( just 1200 miles travelled) I think you will find, has got the larger capacity fuel tank, nownot quite sure whetheryou understand how a larger tank would works, it's simple, itmeans I can travel another 100 or so miles on a full tank and you two Hoopleheads cannot. Lol. I thank you.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hi Bob - sorry , just having a bit of fun - I havent ordered mine yet so I may just get the larger tank ( & no trays ..... )....Hooplehead - now thats a new one on me. Lol

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Listen Rampman, bit of fun . . .likewise, the important thing is that when problems surface we can all help each otherout. Bigger tank, Yes, yes if you are awaiting delivery of your brand new Kuga I think I'm right in stating that you will get the larger tank, sadly no trays but there are more serious ongoing issues, ierecent recall and the fuel filling issue (spewing out diesel)think Moggith is trying to get something going with BBCWD. We should all support him. Bob.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts