Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what is the model number of the Sony single DAB CD player that is fitted to a Kuga Titanium. I don't get my Kuga for a few weeks and i'm trying to source some audio upgrades.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Cuba,
Have looked and the only number I could find was 000277. I'm not sure if this is the number for all the Sony Single CD units or just my one. Im sorry I couldn't be of more help.

When you say upgrade are you planning to change the unit or add a CD changer?

At the moment I'm using a 3.5mm jack plugged in,inside the armrest, for my MP3 player which is also Sony. The lead cost £3.99 from Amazon.

Good Luck with your new Kuga.

KC

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I'm trying to upgrade the head unit to bluetooth without having to use a retrofit system. Seems silly to have an odd looking bit of plastic stuck on the dashboard when you have all the buttons on the head unit. It'll will take some investigating and some work from my electronics friend, but i'm sure it can be done.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think there are some posts here somewhere, probably in technical on this subject it may be worth having a look. I'm sure someone as done the same thing with Bluetooth.
Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I asked the salesman to check this out before buying mine. This is wht he sent
The Sony unit is a SOCD1X ""“it also states C3XX-CDI-RECT-KW2000<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
51 Posts
is it possible to convert/change by existing Sony 6 stacker cd comeraido for a DAB version, appreciate is somebody could help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Cuba,

I am on the same mission as you. To add a bluetooth module to the back of the Sony CD DAB headunit. I reckon it can be done. Just have to source the actual module. Did you have any luck?

Regards,

Darragh.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is there anyway in finding out what Ford do if one breaks? Do they replace the whole head unit or just the module? It must be the latter so Ford must be able to get hold of them. I've asked on the main Ford forum as it's the same head unit in the Mondeo and C-Max but no reply yet. Someone somewhere has to of done this by now.

Here's hoping!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts