Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Mk2 TDCI Titanium 163 AWD, Bluefin, Frozen White
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone either have a wiring diagram or could tell me the wiring colours for the speakers on a Sony cd unit with a nine speaker setup?

many thanks

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone either have a wiring diagram or could tell me the wiring colours for the speakers on a Sony cd unit with a nine speaker setup?

many thanks
The problem with the wiring diagram that I have is it appears to have been based on USA Escape which in some instances has different colour wiring. However it will list which pin on the ACM goes to which speaker. I will have a look as I don't have access to it at present.

What is it you are trying to do.

·
Registered
2014 Mk2 TDCI Titanium 163 AWD, Bluefin, Frozen White
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem with the wiring diagram that I have is it appears to have been based on USA Escape which in some instances has different colour wiring. However it will list which pin on the ACM goes to which speaker. I will have a look as I don't have access to it at present.

What is it you are trying to do.
Nothing's ever simple in the Kuga world is it so i'll take any help that I can get. Thanks for taking the time.
Im upgrading to some component speakers, I'm just doing the front at the moment thats if I dont lose my s**t with installing the tweeter's and throw everything in the skip.

·
Registered
302 Posts
What’s the exact plan? I ask, as components usually incorporate passive crossovers.

The stock tweeters are probably filtered by capacitor.

Banging some aftermarket tweeters in place of the stock tweeters may result in tears.

You mention Sony, and 9 speakers. This seems to be a contradiction in that they do a 9 speaker NON-SONY, and a 10 speaker Sony (defined by the presence of a Sub in the boot it seems). The diagram I supplied would align to the 9 speaker non-Sony (though it’s likely the colours will match). Are you certain you know what your setup is? (Also, I could be talking waffle, I’m not familiar with anything but the MK3 😂 - my point is, triple check everything and go steady)

Have a read of these; Escape Audio Upgrades Overview, DIY non-Sony Audio Upgrade Tips and this Subwoofer Upgrade

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,406 Posts
You mention Sony, and 9 speakers. This seems to be a contradiction in that they do a 9 speaker NON-SONY, and a 10 speaker Sony (defined by the presence of a Sub in the boot it seems). The diagram I supplied would align to the 9 speaker non-Sony (though it’s likely the colours will match). Are you certain you know what your setup is? (Also, I could be talking waffle, I’m not familiar with anything but the MK3 😂 - my point is, triple check everything and go steady)

Have a read of this; DIY non-Sony Audio Upgrade Tips and this Subwoofer Upgrade
The 9 speaker Sony config is correct, the Tit X had 9 speakers, minus the sub. The Tit X Sport has 10 with the sub.

Reactions: smartguy69 and Vini

·
Registered
302 Posts
The 9 speaker Sony config is correct, the Tit X had 9 speakers, minus the sub. The Tit X Sport has 10 with the sub.
Was just going off US chatter, so that’s good to know 👍👌

Ultimately, and I’m sure you’re all over it, just make sure you don’t go blowing the tweeters 👍👌👌

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,119 Posts
The wire colours are the same like in Focus MK3. According to this instruction I added subwoofer.
(my system was 9 speakers too)
Material property Font Rectangle Auto part Motor vehicle

Reactions: smartguy69
1 - 9 of 9 Posts