Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, recently I got some ugly scratches on my Kuga Anniversary edition in ruby red paint.. The scratches are not so deep and long, so far I have read about a pen which is supposed to be enabled by sun shining and should remove such small scratches but the reviews does not seems to be very convincing..

https://www.amazon.com/Simoniz-S13B-Clear-Scratch-Repair/dp/B001P5TDM0

do you know about some products which at least make the scratches not so visible? I already read a few scratch removal topics here on the forum but these were quite a price machines like Maguire etc..

many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Look too deep to me for polishing out by hand, can you get finger nail in to feel depth, if they dont feel too deep and havent gone through top colour coat a machine polisher may sort them. I got fed up with seeing blemishes on my black Kuga so bit the bullet and bought a machine polisher, best decision I made

·
Registered
178 Posts
Top coats are usually clear coat (lacquer) the actual coloured paint underneath is very thin, so the clear coat protects the paint and is significantly cheaper hence why it is used so it is the clear coat that is scratched if it is deep the coloured paint is also scratched.

The idea of the scratch pens is that it is a clear resin that fills the clear coat scratch it can work but it depends on the depth of the scratch.

Now then you can "cut" or polish the clear coat but sparingly if you go through the clear coat you will have an area of "matt" paint finish left.

The best bet is to use a coloured wax polish if the scratches are not deep - if you can feel the scratches with your finger nail try a coloured T Cut but don`t keep rubbing heavily in the same spot or as I said you will go through the clear coat.

Del.

Edited by: 4wdKuga

1 - 4 of 4 Posts