Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just seen on the options list that we can have a solar reflect windscreen. Does anyone know is it worth ordering and if it is worth the £100 RRP?

Also, does anyone know whether the detachable towbar will fit an ALKO hitch and if double elctrics are included?

Thanks

ElmoEdited by: elmo

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi, thinkthe alko stabiliser should be fine. the electrics are the new 13 pin single socket, but as built it is not connected for fridge or battery charge. the wires for these are left in the boot unconnected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BruceKuga

I haven't come across the single 13 pin socket before, do you think I am better getting Ford to install the towbar for £400 ish or get an indenpendent company to install a double socket detachable towbar for about the same price?

Thanks

Elmo

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
all down to personal choice but i like the detachable bar, and the electrics under the bumper out of sight so i like the 13 pin, if youre happy to have two electric sockets underneath or on show then thats up to you. if you fit 2 7 pin sockets beneath the bumper then youll need to cut more bumper out toget accessto them. if fitted on a flanged bar mount then it is easy and only a smal cut out needed for the bar bracket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks BruceKuga

The dealership came back to us with the answers as well, so we have decided to go ahead with the Ford fitted towbar. The main reasons for this were the fact that it is detachable, folds behnd the bumber and was £400 fitted. We got quoted for the Witter fixed bar £390 so there wasn't a compariosn really.

Thanks for your help

Elmo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts