Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of interest, does anyone know if the tyres are covered under the warranty? I have just noticed the back rear tyre is slowly going down although there is nothing obvious and no objects that I can see embedded in the tread.

I will be ringing the dealer on Monday but wonder if anyone else has experienced this? Onlydone 5K mileage.

PS Still love the Dave the Beast and still getting interested looks from people. Seen a few more Kugas around and found all the drivers a friendly bunch. We all seem to wave at each other!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry mate, tyres are wear and tear and not covered. You may be able to get a puncture repaired pretty cheaply though. Good luck

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hessisgod, thought that might be the case. I am hoping it will be just a repair job as new tyres look pretty expensive.

By the way, I'm female
so I'm not really 'mate' LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
Go to a gas station and buy tyre repair kit on box. You just connect the box to the tire and it fills the tire with foam that stops leaks. It works very well for minor holes, i've used it several times on my cars..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the same thing on my nearside rear tyre. Took the wheel off, had a good look round and couldn't see anything obvious, so took it to my local tyre place who did the same, again to no avail.

They tested the valve, again no joy, so as a long shot they said it could be the balancing weight. It had one of the type that goes over the inner rim (not the adhesive type), so they removed it and replaced with an adhesive one and hey presto! no more slow puncture!!

Maybe worth a try?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for that one SprayAway. It is quite possible that may be worth looking at. It will be useful to run that one past the garage.

Much appreciated. I'll let you know what the outcome is.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're my hero SprayAway.
Problem sorted. I described to the dealer the problem you had with your tyre and he agreed it made sense, particularly asthe loss of pressurewasn't always steady. Sometimes nothing at all day, sometimes quite a lot lost even overnight in my garage. The dealer said he would not have thought about it had it not been suggested.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
funny you should mention that. I thought that the same thing had been happening to me too but when i took the car in to get the dab sorted they had not only washed the car but re-inflated all the tyres too. But this evening after coming in from work i noticed that the rear offside tyre was really low and when i checked it, it only had about 15lbs in it. So i will be giving the dealers a call and get them to check the balances too

great work

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great to hear you got it sorted ChampionKuga

Glad to be of service!!

On a more serious note though, makes you wonder if Ford are using dodgy balancing weights?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aaaagh! Got Kuga out of garage this morning and........deflated tyre again! Took wheel off and went back to dealer, it transpired that the valve was faulty which was sorted without any charge.Wouldn't you have thought that being an ex demo these kind of problems might have been ironed out?
PS Had to use that silly looking spare wheel but it did a good job and in response to other questions, I have 18" alloys but was not aware at all of any difference using the 17"spare.

·
Registered
446 Posts
With regards to tyres I have the 19ers which are Pirelli's 235/45 and was wondering if they are 1. Summer. 2. Summer/winter. 3. I know they wouldn't be winter.

I was looking at getting some winter tyres because of the recent bad weather and as I plan on keeping this car for a while, but as the tyres are about £250-£300 per tyre I was hoping that the Pirellis fitted would cope with Both for piece of mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts