Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2015 TDCi 150 Zetec with all optional extras
38 Posts
Thats exactly why I much prefer wiring, needs a bit of work but benefits are worth it
Kids Xbox's had to be wired. Todays online stuff is amazing quality to watch, but they said the ping and lag etc was bad.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I wouldn't class Sly Q as an upgrade tbh, more of a side step. It has some nice features. Going to contact them again tomorrow and have another bash. Remind them of their terms and conditions of being able to revert (where possible). I still the HD boxes and remotes. They had offered me HD package at the same time as offering me a Q package. The only thing I don't have is the LNB as they stole it. In their words I own my dish so on the assumption the LNB was removed and not given back to me, implies it was stolen lol.

If they still refuse to revert me then I will remind them of the unfair contracts act lol.

By changing the LNB for a sky Q one means I am possibly unlikely to be able to hook up a Freesat box.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,342 Posts
Maybe we should post a picture of the cabling at the back of our TVs. @RonnieM should be first lol.
[/QUOTE]

There you go Martin, just for you 😉

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,438 Posts
I see what you’ve done, you’ve pulled the birds nest away from the wall and made it look nice and neat. There’s some strategic photography gone on here! 😉

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
He's spent two days tidying up the wiring !!

I had a box like that on my wall once and the sky engineer who came wouldn't connect to it. He was wanting to drill another hole through the wall so he could take the cable straight to the box. He was just going to pull the original cable out without bothering to attach a pull through wire. I just the guts out of the satellite socket so it became a straight through cable outlet.

Reactions: RonnieM

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
I see what you’ve done, you’ve pulled the birds nest away from the wall and made it look nice and neat. There’s some strategic photography gone on here! 😉
Good old plastic conduit tubing, hides a multitude of wires, mind you its a different story inside TV unit cupboards 😂😂

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I will probably sort mine out when I have the "ending of 30 years of Sly". They wouldn't revert me back to HD so I told them to stick it where the SKY doesn't shine. They stole my LNB as well.

Reactions: Les

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
43 Posts
My parents have Sky Q. UHD is nice but not earth-shattering, I hate the "glassy" on-screen graphics and never got on with the the clunky navigation compared to Sky HD. To be honest I’ve never been that impressed but they seem to like it. Best thing about it is when it goes wrong (and it often does) they just call up Sky and they come next day, rather than me having to give tech support over the phone :LOL:

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
Just to add to what @deeayy has posted, you will always get good n bad on everything as we all know with forum topics but since my Q was installed I have never had a fault or needed to contact Sky

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
Same here @RonnieM, apart from the signal issue when we first had it installed, it's been faultless ever since. We've also got Sky Fibre Max and that's been great too (y)

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
Same here @RonnieM, apart from the signal issue when we first had it installed, it's been faultless ever since. We've also got Sky Fibre Max and that's been great too (y)
Ditto

Reactions: andspenka

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My complaints are

The remote is too small and needs two hands to change most channels
There is no reminder option
I have to press three buttons to access TV guide when just one should be suffice
The SD image is poor and after some more picking, anything that isn't close up in HD is slightly fuzzy. Just watching Moto GP I recorded in HD and it's not nice to watch and looks like I am watching it via Mobdro on the laptop. It was perfect before. Image resolution is my biggest complaint. I will try using the hdmi lead that came with the box but there was nothing wrong with the old hdmi lead from my HD box. Watching Pointless at teatime today I couldn't read the questions as they were not in focus.

Signal strength is 70%, signal quality 90%. Maybe I got one of the 2016 refurbished boxes.

Some of the features are nice but don't out weigh the negatives. The EPG and OS better than my Sony android OS but it doesn't take much to beat that.

The thing is if I ring sky now they will just think I am complaining about the quality for the sake of it as they will have it on file I complained and wants to revert back to HD.

Its a bit of a shame really as I had great expeditions moving forwards to the next gen but there's either something wrong with the box or LNB. I always thought the extra for multi room was a rip off so will stick an HDD in the upstairs TV and perhaps buy a Freesat PVR.

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
I don't agree about the remote, can't even understand what you mean by you need 2 hands :unsure:

There's definitely something wrong with your set up or your eyes with what you're explaining. I can't for the life of me understand why you would keep an old hdmi with a new set up. I would change that straight away. Mine is super clear and totally not blurry in the slightest.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I can't hold the remote with one hand and press many of the number keys. They are just petty moans. The main issue is quality on the screen. I didn't install the system. Only found the hdmi lead in the box over the weekend. I will swap it and see. Its not the TV or my eyes but I think I can configure each hdmi port on this TV. Will have a look but I have never needed to change anything on it.

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
I reckon somethings wrong somewhere, my screen is crystal clear, reading screen text is only a problem when I dont have my “eyes” on but thats my problem, must go to specsavers as way overdue for a retest, remote I find is easy but have to agree menus are a little more involved, just found out this week that one press of Sky button goes straight to recordings.......the wife is an expert on it, very annoying
My mate got his in last week, first time Sky user and his panasonic telly is over 10 yrs old, he's amazed at the screen clarity
I would be on to Sky constantly

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Update:
I can customise the hdmi video settings on my tv. By changing the HDR from auto to off on the hdmi port has made a massive difference to the picture quality. I just don't know whether the hdmi setting should be full or limited and what setting the colour space should be and whether it makes much difference. Oh no, don't tell me I need to look at the manual.

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
No sane man uses a manual 😂😂😂........do they?

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Some who post on here should perhaps check the manual prior to posting their question lol.

I think I recycled the manual after I found out how to put the batteries in the remote.

Main sky box crashed today...........ggggrrrrrrrrr.

I wonder if I post a video of me pouring petrol over the sky box and then hitting it with a sledgehammer will get my opinion across of what I think so far. It would be worth having to pay £115 for the box as I can't return it. 3 months rental.

Seriously I think my massive mistake of asking sky to "side grade" me with a Sky Q box but it has done me a favour. My main channels of viewing are all terrestrial + Eurosport. I cancelled back in 2013, I think it was when Eurosport lost the rights to host Moto GP. Money saved paid for my living room tv which is now my bedroom tv. The wife watches mainly terrestrial tv in the bedroom and movies but we have Netflix. The only thing she said she would miss is Discovery.

Perhaps it's time to move on and just get Eurosport player at £6.99 a month.

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
Going on what you're saying, I reckon all your troubles are coming from a faulty main box, Ring Sky, tell them to come out and if they dont, as its their kit, tell them to pick it up from front doorstep

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Going on what you're saying, I reckon all your troubles are coming from a faulty main box, Ring Sky, tell them to come out and if they dont, as its their kit, tell them to pick it up from front doorstep
Agreed, it's definitely faulty.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts