Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the kuga now for a month, jumped in the car the other morning to start her up when there was a **** of a shudder from under the car, it sounded like the exaust pipe was banging against the floor panel, it seemed ok for a few days then it happend again this morning, has anybody had the same problem.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi proac

I've had my Kuga for a similar time and although i have not experienced this particular problem i will certainly be keeping an eye and ear out for any such thing happening.

G.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is it a 1.8TDCI? I had the same problem with my S-Max. I'm related to someone that works at Ford. He said that the 1.8TDCI engine has a problem with the flywheel and that if it happens to imedietly switch off the engine as damage might occur. If it keeps happening you should take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Andytdci, funny that you should mention the shudder in the S-Max... I had the same problem with my S-Max (2.0 TDCi 6-Speed). It would shudder only occasionally while starting off, but the problem was most noticable accelerating out of slow corners.
I presume the Kuga motor is the same unit; would that suggest a problem with these engine/gearbox combinations?

My new Kuga hasn't done this yet, if it did, it would be straight back to the dealer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts