Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been many discussions about swapping the standard alloys for a set of 19’s or even 20’s.

Without debating the pro’s and con’s, please show me your Kuga’s with upgraded wheels!

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,951 Posts
Bigger is not always better.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,352 Posts
Bigger the wheel , less of the rubber, tiny potholes suddenly feel massive

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,951 Posts
My colleague at work got a new Audi company car and I have never seen sidewalls as big on an Audi. It must have 15" wheels on it. Looked awful so for that, bigger would be better.

When I was in transport the old trailer wheels were called D20's....20" wheel on a trailer that was going to carry 20tons of goods. The trucks were only on 22.5" back then.

·
3,237 Posts
I know there have been many discussions about swapping the standard alloys for a set of 19’s or even 20’s.

Without debating the pro’s and con’s, please show me your Kuga’s with upgraded wheels!
To get things back on track.... They're not really all that "big" as they're still 19" in diameter (the same as stock size.)

Before and after. (After is 19x8.5" ET45mm with 255/40R19 tyres.)

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,951 Posts
A sentence I've never said.... :cool:
Head, belly, bum (for the females). Bigger is not better there lol.

The 19's look nice but think the 18's are more practical and cheaper on tyres

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To get things back on track.... They're not really all that "big" as they're still 19" in diameter (the same as stock size.)

Before and after. (After is 19x8.5" ET45mm with 255/40R19 tyres.)

View attachment 6761
Thanks for answering the post with something useful 😉 Definitely an improvement in looks there. Mine has 17”s and there’s just far too much rubber for my liking.
I had a VW T4 years ago and it went from steels to 19”s with low profile tyres, so I know all about the change in comfort and handling. I’m just looking for something that looks good!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
19 Focus RS's.
That looks smart. Thanks for sharing!
My Kuga is black too, so that helps me visualise better. I’ve fitted black side steps and it makes the car look a bit chunkier and meaner. The wheels just look out of place now!

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,951 Posts
Agree with the 17's show too much tyre. If you can afford the 19" tyres then go for it but remember the 19'' tyres offer little protection if you like to get your car close to the kerb when parking.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
260 Posts
Min

Mines on 19" and to be honest the ride is quite good. As @smartguy69 says you just need to be aware of the kerbs.

Wheels 1.JPG
Wheels 2.JPG

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,951 Posts
Have you had that de-chromed or does it come like that.

Reactions: davidoff

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST Line edition - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
510 Posts
Should be all sandard ST-Line X . I love the black alloys - prefer that colour to my gun metal on the ST-Line edition - will go well with the Stealth colour bodywork and gloss black.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,951 Posts
You think that's dirty you want to see mine and I haven't been anywhere. It makes me laugh that our government are wanting clean air cities as I don't live in the city lol. I blame the farmers creating mud dust.

·
3,237 Posts
Mine has 17”s and there’s just far too much rubber for my liking.
I've got a set of 17" wheels as well and don't mind the look of them. They're aftermarket again: Petrol POA 17x8.0 ET40mm (IIRC) with 235/55R17 Goodyear Asymmetric 2 tyres. The extra 1/2" rim width combined with an extra 12.5mm of offset improves the appearance a lot. The Goodyear tyres also seem to be wide for the size.

·
3,237 Posts
one of my favourite wheels.... right up there with Kahn Cosworth's
Thanks Martin. I've actually changed the centre bore caps on them to one that is a lower profile/ almost flush. It looks a lot better. I don't know why they don't do that from the factory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts