Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking through my owners manual, it has a section about the Audio Input Jack.
It doesn't say that the jack is optional so I would assume that it is a default configuration thing. In contrast, the sections for USB and Media Hub both say 'if equipped'.

To make things more confusing, in my centre console, I have two USB ports, which doesn't match any of the pictures in the manual.

My guess is that the person who originally configured this car (I'm 2nd owner) chose an option which removed the AUX port and added the 2nd USB port, but it's strange how my current setup isnt in the manual.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I really wish I did have an AUX port.

It's a Ford Kuga 2018 (67) 2.0 ST-Line with Sync 3

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,602 Posts
I assume you car is 2018 and not 2008.

Ford removed the aux port on sync 3.

Reactions: The Painter

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,778 Posts
Yeah, the mini jack audio input port has now gone, but with two USB slots and Bluetooth connection, there's not much point.

If you plug your phone into one of the USB ports, then it's effectively the same I think :unsure:

Whether the head unit still has an auxiliary analogue audio input, I'm not sure.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,647 Posts
As above, considering that you also have CarPlay/Android Auto, there's little use for an aux port. They're old hat now.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Administrator
3,647 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
But if you really need an AUX port, there are adaptor leads for about 10 quid on Amazon with USB one end and Aux sockets at the other. Not used one personally but they are available.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
1 Posts
Find out your car radio’s make and model. Google to see if you can view an owner's manual (unless you already have one) for the radio, or at least a photo of the back of it, as if it were removed from the dash.

There are often additional connectors on the back of the radio that are not used; look for one labeled “line out” or “aux.”

You could probably find out the answer to your question without actually removing the radio, but in order to use the jacks on the back (if they exist), you would have to remove it, get an adapter, then snake the new wire to an easy place for access.

Other than that, a cassette adapter would not make you terribly happy, because it's a bit of a patch and doesn't sound as good as a direct connection. Those FM transmitter devices that you're supposed to tune your radio into are extremely touchy and have become obsolete for a good reason.

If you were to Quora another question that specifies your radio’s make and model, you might make progress. Even just the make, model and year of the car. Go to Crutchfield and see what they have.

I wish you the best! Happy motoring!

·
10,602 Posts
There are no additional inputs on the back of a sync 3 screen.

·
Administrator
3,647 Posts
Not to mention why go to all that trouble when you can just plug your phone into USB and get the exact same result!

EDIT: Just to add to what Smartguy has written above, there are no inputs or outputs on the back of Sync 2 or 3 and believe me I'm very familiar with the back of a Sync 3.

·
10,602 Posts
Just to add to what Smartguy has written above, there are no inputs or outputs on the back of Sync 2 or 3 and believe me I'm very familiar with the back of a Sync 3.
Me too lol (sync 2)

A factory fitted sync 2 has the aux port as it has the media hub shown on the OP's page 289 with 2 usb, SD card slot and aux port. My media hub has just 1 usb and SD card slot.

• Haha
Reactions: The Painter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But if you really need an AUX port, there are adaptor leads for about 10 quid on Amazon with USB one end and Aux sockets at the other. Not used one personally but they are available.
This could be a good shout. I like to have an AUX option for audio from older/dumb devices. Old ipod, kids watching movie on tablet or whatever. For £10, it's worth a shot. Thanks

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,778 Posts

·
10,602 Posts
I can't find mine, would it be behind the radio ?
It's in a different location depending what Kuga you have. If you have sync 3 from 2017 onwards you can stop looking as it doesn't have one.

It helps the forum if new members can update their signature with their cars details as shown from the link in your welcome email.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
462 Posts
Aux to bluetooth Adapter:

But then again, the devices you mentioned should have bluetooth anyway, so just pair the device to your car.

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,946 Posts
Reactions: Phil Doggo
1 - 20 of 20 Posts