Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga MK2, Titanium X Sport, 2016, AWD, 180, Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I did tried to search but nothing came up, so...
Has anyone fitted the short shifter to their kuga? Any feedback please
thanks

·
Registered
2015 Mk2 Kuga, 2.0 TDCi, 150ps, Frozen White
69 Posts
Hey guys
I did tried to search but nothing came up, so...
Has anyone fitted the short shifter to their kuga? Any feedback please
thanks
I enquired about one from a site I saw on Instagram but they dont have one yet, but would let me know when they are putting one into production.
www.4H-TECH.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I enquired about one from a site I saw on Instagram but they dont have one yet, but would let me know when they are putting one into production.
www.4H-TECH.com
Nice one bud
I had a look on few sites but i couldnt find anything soecific to the kuga. Its all focus, fiestas and so on.
Would love to have a shorter shifting

·
Registered
Ford Kuga MK2 2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS Manual Sync1
308 Posts
Are they not compatible from Focus MK3 to Kuga?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they not compatible from Focus MK3 to Kuga?
Iv no idea, was hoping to find answers here. But seems like this mod aint very popular with kugas

·
Registered
412 Posts
It may be if one was available but not likely. Companies such as Mountune only develop them for the ST & RS models though such as the Fiesta, Focus etc. You could try modifying one for the Focus model by asking a reputable gearbox company to modify one for you.

Reactions: eddioc

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wish to buy one. But prices over £200 was too much for me. I seen on YT how guy replacing whole gear stick and gearbox top selector part. Easy and simply mod. I will find out compatibility between Focus MK3 and Kuga MK2. FoMoCo may wants to cut costs and fit the same shifter in many models.

Reactions: eddioc

·
Registered
474 Posts
You can have a look HERE

simply find the part you're looking for (based on your own model) and if you click the 'info' link, it tells you which other ford models that part was used on... Always handy as cars like focus's are ten a penny compared to finding Kuga parts... Has helped me MANY times!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had a look on the Ford parts website you linked and the linkage listed on both 6 speed gearbox types is the same (MMT6) which is the same type listed on 4H-TECH website for the focus st and rs. 4H-TECH Ford Focus MMT6 Short Shifter

Its €139 which is about £120. Quite a lot for such a small bit of metal but I suppose if you want more of a racecar experience in a family SUV then it's worth a go.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've had a look on the Ford parts website you linked and the linkage listed on both 6 speed gearbox types is the same (MMT6) which is the same type listed on 4H-TECH website for the focus st and rs. 4H-TECH Ford Focus MMT6 Short Shifter

Its €139 which is about £120. Quite a lot for such a small bit of metal but I suppose if you want more of a racecar experience in a family SUV then it's worth a go.
Quite expensive. You have to buy shorter gear shifter too ~200£. I seen one which comes with whole unit with fixing and housing...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know everybody is different , but i dont get why you need a short shift in a Kuga. It just isnt that sort of car in my opinion , much more of a comfortable cruising , relaxed driving sort of machine . Thats what i like about it as it it does that very well .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Quite expensive. You have to buy shorter gear shifter too ~200£. I seen one which comes with whole unit with fixing and housing...
Do you mean the actual gear stick?

·
Registered
69 Posts

The short shift linkage is placed on the gearbox and connects the gear link cables to the gearbox. The gear stick isn't changed at all.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice to know. So there is few sets to chose.

1. Gearbox selector

2. Shorter gears shifter, like this:
Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter Focus ST 2013-2018

3. Gears shifter and gearbox selector

To much way to move when changing gears. Will be nice to shorter it just by gearbox selector :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts