Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi been reading your forum with interest, thinkin really hard whether to buy one of these beauty's , can get a 2wd titanium with appearance pack , front and rear parkin assists for £18,493.00 brand spankin new , fancy a frozen white , cant afford to buy it out right so do i go pcp pr hp ? pcp 1000 quid down 377 a month plus balloon figure or hp 11000 down and 231 a month , but then i think ah wait recession i might be out of work in 6 months , bloody country !!!!! anyway look forward to many more visits on here i dream of what i might or might not have

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hiya Freddie

I'm in the very same boat as you and I'm still not sure what to do! I REALLY want one!

Where did you get the quote for the finance and everything?

Dan

·
Registered
138 Posts
Guys,

The Ford Direct cars really are a good deal. Mine was 9 months old when I got it in March this year, changed the plate for a personal one and everyone believes it's got to be straight off the rails. Brilliant cars, go for it! You get lots of goodies on the direct cars too that you doh't get on new ones, like drop down trays on the seatbacks, etc.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think lots of the Ford direct cars are ex ford managers cars, so probably why they are well loaded with extras. Also sometimes press cars so they are well looked after. BUT some are ex AA driving school or hire cars ( Hertz etc) so ask first!!! They are well warranted but would you want an ex hire car?
I bought a Ford Direct Focus 1.6d new shape a couple of years ago, and got rid of it after a short while. After a few washes the paint looked covered in marks, the seats had stains and the dash etc.. kept going white and patchy. When i moaned to Dagenham Motors they just said its a second hand car and thats what you should expect!!!! Rung FMC and they were no help. Eventually had enough and p/x`d at another dealer. I found out mine was an ex-hertz car but they would not tell me before i took it. BE CAREFUL IT COST ME A LOT!!!

BK.
Edited by: BruceKuga

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Freddie & MooCow

I was in exactly the same situation as you two and wasted 5 months deciding whether or not to buy a Kuga, but in the end came to the conculsion that life is too short and went for it and I don't regret it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Freddie & MooCow

Go for it.. I've had mine less than a week and think its brill. (trouble is I'm sat in the office looking out of the window at it and want to be out there driving it)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wish me luck! I'm off to Dagenham Ford to see if they'll let me play in one or even ..... maybe ...... get into a lot of debt and buy one!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
All you Kuga Chasers out there it'sa tough call, I'm repeating myself here (not for the first time) but it's the 7th August and with the arrival of the new 59 plate 1st Septemberdealers I imagine will think aaarrrhh Kuga Chasers desperate to get a 59er soI suspect you will have problems "drawing blood"so to speak however all is not lost because there must be pre-registeredshowroom 09 Kuga's around and the ideal time to bag one of those with just just delivery miles is the last week in August first week September onwards when all us Kuga Chasers want is 59ers, justslap a cherished plateon (£250/£350 from DVLA) andnobodywill beany the wiser.Good Luck.Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MooCow said:
Hiya Freddie

I'm in the very same boat as you and I'm still not sure what to do! I REALLY want one!

Where did you get the quote for the finance and everything?

Dan

hi dan , dealdriver.co.uk , i phoned and spoke to a bloke called anson lewis (nice chap) took a few details and then emailed me back the same day with quotes , the nearest price to them where carfinance 19 grand and something but only 95 quid a month , puttin down 11000 with ballon figure of 6600 roughly after 3 yrs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ariesx20 said:
Guys,

The Ford Direct cars really are a good deal. Mine was 9 months old when I got it in March this year, changed the plate for a personal one and everyone believes it's got to be straight off the rails. Brilliant cars, go for it! You get lots of goodies on the direct cars too that you doh't get on new ones, like drop down trays on the seatbacks, etc.

ford direct over 20, 000 nearer 21grand for the same spec

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hiya Bob

Went to Dagenham Motors yesterday and clearly got a new boy! He didn't have the usual cocky Dagenham Ford sales technique about him so I thought it was a good start. Did all the usual stuff about going back to the manager and finding out if they could find something that I wanted...... then came back and said you might be better off buying a brand new one.

So I said I'd think about it.

Took a brand new Titainium out for a test drive (only 20 miles on the clock!), and considering I haven't really driven a manual car in almost two years took to it like a duck to water! Totally fell in love with the car!!

Then it all went downhill VERY quickly!

Got back to the showroom and they came back with the figures - I seriously laughted in their face! They offered me £7k for my Prius!Now considering I was offered £10k froma different Ford dealer not two weeks ago - it very quickly fell apart!

I'm thinking a used Kuga might be the best bet for me - but am still really unsure when is the best time to buy - have you any advice??? When do the new plates actually come out and is it worth waiting to see if I can find a better deal elsewhere?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and another thing! if i went for 1 , its the wait 12-14 weeks , its like waitin for the titanic to come in ,

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi MooCow Posted a couple of sites I perused yesterday on KOC the cheapest I could fine was www.perrys.co.uk/special-offersthey have KugaZetecs at £16340and Kuga Titaniums at £18300 problem here is Ford have just had an increasein July so I think these pricesappear to be very good, but like yousaid you may well get a good Kuga price but lose a lot on yourcurrent car a Toyota Prius which for example has just beenor is about to be replaced with an new MK11 version so dealer book prices will unfortunately reflect that. Thing is if you really want a Kuga and are persistent and canny there is a deal for you out there, I can do no more than just tosay .. .. .... Good Luck &Good Hunting. Regards. Bob.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts