Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford have sent me a leaflet about premium service deal related to ford privilege, basically first three services and extra two year roadside for up front payment. Sorry havnt got exact payment infront of me but was 500+ ( might be 580 will check). If i was going to use ford dealership for first three years does this sound like a good deal, has anyone gone for it?
mikew

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Mike

I've had the same offer from Ford. Looking on here then a 1st year service varies from £160 to £200. Service costs for years 2 and 3 will be more because extra items need to be serviced.

So if you take an average £200 service cost and say AA cover is £100 per year, then the total for 3 services and 2 years AA would be £800.

So you could say it's not a bad deal from Ford, but only if you plan to keep the car for 3 years. This is because extended service plans normally offer no additional value on the cost of selling on aused car.

Check the small print but I'm sure you have upto the car's first birthday to apply for the extended service plan.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, seems okay even if could get AA cover cheaper and for what it is worth it is at least transferable to another owner.
mikew

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm about to take delivery of a new Kuga Zetec this week and very much looking forward it. Does anyone have any more information on the 3 year Service Plans which Ford are offering at the moment. I would be particularly interested to know if anyone has further details on whether you have until the first service to buy into the Plan. My dealer hasn't mentioned anything about Service Plans so far so I would expect to be discussing that when I pick the car up. Any information would be much appreciated.
DJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts