Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive recently bought kuga was dissapointed with front seats fraying on front edge and also creasing on seats on side as anybody else had these problems really dissapointed with quality ofseats have always had fords never had a problem

·
Registered
385 Posts
what kuga model have you got titanium or zetec ? how are your carpets and mats ? get it back to the dealer asap or phone ford

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a 20Kmiles Zetec and the edge of the seat is creasing, told the dealer and he checked another that they had and it was the same. As it is so high you will always crease the bolster as you get in, mine is now over a year old and your trim is only covered for the first 12months...

No fraying as far as I am aware, will look in the morning.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My Titanium had to have a new drivers seattrim fitted. the outermost edge stitching started flaking like dead skin. Donewithout fussby my supplying dealer. Courtesy car given whilst it was in too, no trouble. BK.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
BruceKuga . . . Two new seat swabs? Jeso hope the seat coverings are not made by the same company who manufacture thoseawful Kuga carpets.What is the tamerial(material) used feels plasticy? No sign of any wear yet (800 miles)Bob. Titanium Owner

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I only had one changed. the n/s is fine. mine has the standard partial leather trim and was the leather edge on the drivers backrest.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi BruceKuga, Yeah same asTitanium must admit part leather is not exactly Nappa Quality bit roughlooking, a bit like the stuff DFS use well out of sight as backing on there sofas. OK so far will checkregularly Thanks BruceKuga.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Mikec Re:Full Leather? I doubt verymuch that you will escape the usual full leather problems.MyBrother hadfull leather onhis CRVEX I spent almost as much time in that car as he did, andto be honest it looked like an old pair of shoes, leatherbadly creased& cracked and bolsters and swabs were absolutely flat andlost there shape after a year or so, half leather is a good compromise not keen on full leather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts