Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Any help or advice much appreciated. Drivers side seat trim/storage at bottom of seat is a poor fit, tried a tap to send it home but know joy. Thinking of getting tools out but don't want it to turn out to be a big fuss. May just complain.

Going to wash it for 1st time tomorrow, don't know whether to take itto car wash or try my own hand, diamondbright was a freebie so have car care kit to use. How we all cleaning ours.

thanks again

Ash

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have never put any of my vehicles through a car was. What was the state of the vehicle in front of yours like (covered in grit and dried on mud). Then getting the paintwork battered by those big swatches. I dont think so. Also they never do a proper job as you always have to wash the wheelsand the front and rear valances always gets missed.

I use AutoGlym products throughout, and the Kuga is always looking spankers everytime. (There are some photos on here).

So for me handjob evertime. (Phoar Phoar).

·
Registered
731 Posts
I can't recommend Autoglym highly enough, it's brilliant stuff. Particularly the High Definition Wax, as Stupot says there are some fantastic machines on here.
The other reason why it would be best to hand wash is that you can check the body for any stone chips and sort them out straight away and it's very satisfying when you stand back and look at your beautiful Kuga knowing that your hard got her looking that way!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ashy,
Kugacat is right, Autoglym is superb, the high definition wax is a breeze to put on and more importantly, take off again. I have built up quite a few Autoglym products now, the bumper care is really good for all the black skirts etc. Happy washing !!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Seat tray thing is an easy fix if its the same prob I hadon passenger side..........at the front were the plastic wrpas around the front of the seat there are two plastic clips one at top one at bottom you have to reach aroundand squeeze both clips together then the tray pops into place.....you could of course be talking bout a totaly different fault in which case I cant help you

·
Registered
434 Posts
I totaly agree with other comments re-autoglym it is by far the best range of products available imo I know cos have tried em all. Wifey recently bought me one of those fluffy microfibre mitts for the motorhome was so impressed I just got on for the Kuga. They work very well just hose down to get rid of any grit then wipe off with said mitt, however by a decent one not a cheapo supermarket own brand job cos there not as good.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi all I have used Auto Glym High Def and OK I agree it is probably the best finish but I just found it hard work, when dry to actually take off/ remove residue, personallyI much preferred Turtle Wax Platinum Xtra Gloss, far easier to apply andbuff off, I will accept though Auto Glym'sPaint Renovater for all those key scratches and minor scuffs is excellent , Car Plan's Tyre Slik for the rubber is superb and smells great too, Turtle Wax Clear Vue far better than Rain X as water repellentscreen.
PS Don't buy the Rain X wipes from Tesco, costhey are pap.

·
Registered
434 Posts
bobuptown said:
Auto Glym'sPaint Renovater for all those key scratches and minor scuffs is excellent ,

I havent used that product is it like T cut ???

How good is it for the inevitable sctratches ??

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hiips, obviously it's a cutting liquid but it just seems to disolve scratches rather than just cut through them.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bob
Will have to get some of that then for my ever increasing cleaning products collection

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Sorry ips I have just one tinyscratch, I used it a lot on the Black Honda not another moan but Ford's paint is not just thin it's very very thin, but as you say for those inevitable scratches, it's have a go, or bring someone like Chips Away in.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Dare I mention trays? are we talking under frontseat trays?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
bobuptown said:
Dare I mention trays? are we talking under frontseat trays?

Someone referred to trays, are these under seat sliding trays?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Bob talking about backseat trays i went up to glasgow on friday,saturday i went into evanshalshaw glasgow,and saw a white 59 plate with backseat trays,buy the way asked them about the deal another kuga owner got offered 6 months payments brand new car,as i said i would put mymoney where my mouth is he did offer me bit more than i paid for the car but wanted £3000 to change not £1500the saleman who sl*gged me off on this website has now left EVH what a pity,strange they saidcar with the spec i wanted could be ready in 8 weeks with backseat trays buy what i have read on this site people have waited upto 4 months,then he said £2300 to change because i would have paid more money off the car by then still not deal they said they could do over the phone,visting companys in glasgow got to say i think it must be the kuga capital saw 6 kugas over 2 days thats before i got to evanshalshaw.fuel 44mpg at 70 mph i was happy with this unlike the pounland carpets

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
kugace, now why does that not surprise me one bit, I think that they live in fantasyland and spin lines just so that when they get together down the pub, they can swap the best tall stories they have told. Sorry I thought someone had mentionedunder seat trays (Useful, Honda had them)and I was missing out again.Glad someone agree's with me on the poor quality carpets, it's all about the detail, if only Ford could understand and grasp that, like I said very odd how the C-Max carpets are just as cheap, andcoming away from under the trim whichis supposed to secure it.Balance? Still a fantastic vehicle though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts