Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Screen wash bottle leaking.

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  pmc280 
#1 ·
My screen wash bottle has started leaking all of a sudden.
Not just a small leak. If I fill it up the whole lot drains straight back out.
I'm assuming there may be a loose hose.
How easy is it to get to the hoses? Does anyone have photos/video of how I can check this?

#7 ·
Took the wheel and splash guard off and had a look around. Nothing looked obviously wrong. I filled the bottle while everything was off to see if I could see where the water was escaping from. The bottle held the water without leaking.
I put the wheel and splash guard back on and all was fine. Took the car out and a short while later I noticed the water low warning on again. The water had leaked out again!!!
What could it be about the movement from driving that caused the water to escape again?
What I noticed when replacing the splash guard was that the water bottle stuck out too far for the guard to fit properly.
All very strange!!
After a turbo and DPF failure in the last couple of months (£1400 repair), this water leak, I now have a creaking shock or something at the rear drivers side. Only had this car 6 months and I'm ready to put a match to it!!!!!
No headlamp washers by the way and it's a 2009 model.

#8 ·
I would top the washer bottle up and leave the engine running and see if you have a pool underneath. The wheel arch liner should fit correctly unless someone else has had bottle off and not put it back correctly. I would take the bottle off and test it away from the car. It may have a hairline crack in the bottle and leaks only when either vibration from driving opens the crack or heat from the engine.

#9 ·
Seems like a long time since I first had this problem but a combination of good weather and a day off work happened today so I investigated the problem.
I took the splash guard back off and filled the water bottle back up. No leaking.
To see if there was a hole anywhere I blew into the filler hole of the water bottle. This resulted in water escaping from somewhere.
The water was flowing very quickly from a loose hose connector near the front of the car. See photos.
It appears that a hose has came loose. I can't say for sure where the loose hose goes.
Why would this hose come loose? Does pressure build up in this system? Enough to blow a hose off?
The hose has been reconnected and secured with a cable tie. Hopefully this will be the last I see of this problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.