Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My8" screen is off ...did a couple of time engine on/off on and still off..Any reasons why?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,871 Posts
Do you have a display button to turn the display off like you can with sync 3 on the mk 2.5. If not then take it back to the dealers.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,710 Posts
Hi @SpK, welcome to the forum.

Please take a minute to fill out your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here…………Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

As for your question, what were you doing or what was it doing when it went black?

·
5,871 Posts
Hi @HEDGEHOGHEAD and welcome to our forum. Please have a read here and update your signature with your car's details. This will save you having to type it in each time you post.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

As for your problem, you have posted in the mk3 section and your car is a mk2. Although the mk2 and mk3 both have Sync 3, the hardware is different. Do you have any sound and if not have you checked the fuse.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Titanium X 2017 (67) plate 1.5
8 Posts
Hi @HEDGEHOGHEAD and welcome to our forum. Please have a read here and update your signature with your car's details. This will save you having to type it in each time you post.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

As for your problem, you have posted in the mk3 section and your car is a mk2. Although the mk2 and mk3 both have Sync 3, the hardware is different. Do you have any sound and if not have you checked the fuse.
I have checked the fuse yeah, and I have audio but can’t change it

·
5,871 Posts
I have checked the fuse yeah, and I have audio but can’t change it
Seen a couple like this recently. All you can try is disconnecting the power either by removing the fuse or disconnecting the battery and see if the screen comes back on. If it does come back on make sure you do a master reset.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seen a couple like this recently. All you can try is disconnecting the power either by removing the fuse or disconnecting the battery and see if the screen comes back on. If it does come back on make sure you do a master reset.
Tried all of that to no avail. I have booked it in its under warranty with my dealer as I have only had the car 5 weeks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any update on this?

I have a Kuga 67 plate that has had the same problem
Hi ,

My screen went back to normal after a couple of hours when i restarted the car. It seems that there is a problem when temperatures are high??. It was hot the day i had the problem with the black screen and today it could not find any DAB stations ...

Thanks
Spyros

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ,

My screen went back to normal after a couple of hours when i restarted the car. It seems that there is a problem when temperatures are high??. It was hot the day i had the problem with the black screen and today it could not find any DAB stations ...

Thanks
Spyros
Thanks but it has been like this a week now

I tried pulling and changing the fuse, disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, the restart button, force update and everything

I have booked at the dealer first thing tomorrow

·
5,871 Posts
Thanks but it has been like this a week now

I tried pulling and changing the fuse, disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, the restart button, force update and everything

I have booked at the dealer first thing tomorrow
Sounds like it's a touch screen or APIM fault. Let us know what the diagnosis is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
UPDATE FOR YOU

So after 9 days and back and forth to JCT600 & Ford it was the APIM that was broken. They have replaced it now (luckily via the warranty)

so it’s back up and running now!

·
5,871 Posts
UPDATE FOR YOU

So after 9 days and back and forth to JCT600 & Ford it was the APIM that was broken. They have replaced it now (luckily via the warranty)

so it’s back up and running now!
Thanks for updating us. Do you want to update your signature as well. We have members outside of the UK who wouldn't have a clue what a 67 plate car is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So…new APIM and 4 weeks later and the screen has gone black again!

got it booked in at Ford but they said it won’t be until 4th August they can look at it!

so annoyed as it shouldn’t break after only 4 months!

·
5,871 Posts
It's unusual for a screen to break so it looks like you have been unlucky (twice).

·
5,871 Posts
Hopefully it's not getting a power surge. Have you checked you have the right size fuse just in case. It's either F67 or F79. Both should be 15A according to Ford. However, for some reason fuse 67 is 7.5 on cars with sync 1 and sync 2 but on cars built from 4.9.17 to April 18 it is 15A. Not sure what your own manual shows.

I am assuming you have checked the fuse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts