Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had our Kuga a couple of weeks now- Wonderful!
Only a couple of problems, both with the windscreen:
i. Reflections from the dash can be rather distracting in certain light situations
ii. The elements in the heated screen seem to cause some light distortion when confronted with oncoming headlights. Also, driving home today, into a very bright setting sun, all sorts of strange colours flashed across the screen (predominantly red). All rather off-putting.
Our screen is the heated solar reflect. Any one else experienced these problems?
We have just parted with a 1.6 TDCi Fiesta Ghia, which also had a heated windscreen, but none of these problems.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I pick mine up Tuesday... It does not have the Solar Reflect. I'll let you know if there are any strange reflections or refractions!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got exactly the same screen as you mountainman, I've had my Kuga for almost 8 weeks now& no I haven't noticed any of the problems you listed.
Sounds like a visit to the dealer is in order

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Greeny. I appreciate the replies.
Will give it a bit longer (perhaps I will just have to get use to it).
Will report back!
In all other respects the Kuga is just wonderful!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi mountainman

I have solar reflect and HAVE noticed the reflection of the dash but none of the other items you comment on. I've had mine almost a month now and have got used to it. Instead of noticing them as reflections on the glass, I now make my field of view further down the road. Hope this helps

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did notice when I went out on a test drive that my polarised sunglasses distorted the screen on the Sony 6cd player. Some of the characters were missing but were fine when I took off the sunnies! Must be the curve on the front.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Brilliant name there Freddie! Are you sure you didnt scratch the facia with ur nails while adjusting the temp!?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats a big yes,picked up my Kuga Monday and noticed the reflections, not to happy about it .

Its not been that bright,will these reflections be a lot brighterinsunny conditons i ask myself !!

Could it be any thing to do with the colour of the Kuga? mines moondust silver.

Does Ford itself ever look in this forum.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Had my K since end July & have the same speck as the starter of this thread, although I do not have any of the problems that are listed, I do notice that when I have the heated windscreen on, as is necessary these cold damp mornings. Looking through it looks like a heat haze, everything is kinda blurred around the edges! Having never had a heated windscreen before just wondered is this normal?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello Freddy Kuga,

LCD uses polarising filters to work.
Try rotating your sunglasses in front of an LCD monitor - it usually goes light and dark.

...yep I'm a bit of a science geek

Edited by: Darkmetal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts