Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some stupid woman parked next to me yesterday pulled out of her space in a full left lock without looking. Although I thoughtshe stopped before doing any damage, I have found today while cleaning the Kuga that I have a nice five inch long, one inch wide light scrape where her bumper caught my passenger side.
Although it is only surface damage it shows and my husband is not keen on using T-Cut as he reckons it is too strong.

Can anyone recommend a polishing product that might blend it in on a Panther Black?

Thank you so much

·
Registered
731 Posts
Oh no what astupid woman. Sorry to hear this ChampionKuga, people like this really irritate me all it takes is a little bit of observation and this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

I use Autoglym, they do a cutting paste which is quite 'soft', I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that you should polish the area afterwards. I really hope you can sort it out, good luck.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi KugaCat,
Thanks for that. I have used Autoglym products in the past for other things and always been inpressed. I am just a bit nervous about making it worse. It is one of those things that someone else looking at the Kuga probably wouldn't spot unless they looked closely but it just irritates me that its there.

I know we can all make mistakes but when I have been so careful myself it is really frustrating. Mind you, I was sitting in the car at the time and I couldn't believe what she was doing. You know when you just watch it happening. I thought "S***! She's going to hit my side!" Something made her turn round to look and her face was a picture!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi ChampionKuga,

I bet it was!!!!

It is nerve wracking doing things like this on a car but if you dont want to do it yourself you could try a company called Shine, they will do the job for you. This is their web address,

www.taketheweekendoff.com.If you decide to use them, and you have tried to rectify the damage, make sure you let them know what you have used. I found this company in Auto Express magazine and apparently they come to you.

I feel for you, this happened to me about 4 months ago, I managed to get the scratches out but unfortunately not the dent.

Hope it's sorted out soon.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi, I have one of these scratch and stone chip repair kits from Mer in the garage, and use it to get rid of small surface scratches and 'swirls' in the paint. The paste is quite gentle, I use it sometimes to get the scratches off my mobile phone screen for example.

http://www.merproducts.com/acatalog/Scratch___Stone_Chip_Removal.html#a17

Good luck!Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much guys. Going to try Mouses Meguiars tomorrow if we get some decent light and weather. The reviews on the net were really good. Although, I did buy some Autoglym Super Resin Polish to try first.
If no joy thenI will trythat mobile company that KugaCat kindly recommended.

Knew I could rely on you all for help. Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts