Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise me if the KUGA MK2 is OBD2/EOBD Scanner compliant please. I have had this scanner for a few years but never used it due to medical issues

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I have a new scanner that i purchased several years ago but then had medical issues and never got to use it. At the weekend I was away for a few days and unfortunately had a problem with alarms and warning lights, some regarding brake issues. I had no choice but to go to the local Ford garage where I copped for a £96 bill for them to tell me what the issues were. In the future I intend to carry my scanner in the car in case needed but wanted to make sure it was compatible.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Ford does use a Medium Speed CAN Bus protocol which not all OBD2 readers can "talk to". If you've got an ELM 327 based device it will need a switch added to swap over the data buses.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
So, what do you do once you got the codes?
DIY or dealers?

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
I’m an old time grease monkey, before becoming a rozzer.
14 yrs of buses, hgvs, vans and cars.
nowt really phased me.
These days, just getting past a call to the garage and the huffs n puffs of “well mate” , in that slack loose slurry English language of, I’m gunna rip you off sound, gets my back up.

What do ford charge £95 plus vat for yawning and plugging it in then go through the parts bin if one fix doesn’t work.

Thats why asked about the scanner, at least they may have more of a clue/experience and get it right the first time.

i liken it to this, I didn’t have a blood pressure device, no probs.
bought one and it became obsessive and if it was up on any occasion, then I’d flap about it but after all the sweat it would be in normal parameters.
Well something like they anyway.

Wines not arrived yet🤪

·
Registered
65 plate . Zetec . Powershift 4x4 .
70 Posts
icarsoft do some pretty good scanners, they are also updateable . any owners close to me are welcome to use mine for beer tokens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts