Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed how quickly their alloys get that horrible scabby/bubbly affect under the laquer?
I have the 18" alloys that come with the appearance pack on the Zetec, and have had the car for coming up to a year (service due in 3 weeks). I wash the car maybe every fortnight, (same as all other cars I have owned, with the same cleaning products (car shampoo etc.....) and I have never known alloys rot so quickly?

Just wondering if I should havea pre-planned "mega-hissy-fit/tantrum" when I get the service to see of Ford will replace/repair?

Obviously they will say that I must have initially kerbed them at some point to start the rot, but my problem is that the rot is spreading so quicky and much faster that any other alloys I have had in the past.

Has anyone complained to Ford about their wheels with any results? Is is worth me "hoying a wobbler" at Ford (Geordie speak for making acomplaint)??

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Ceebee
I have noticed my alloys have started to do the same my Kuga being a Sept 2008 model and would appreciate any other people with the same problem and outcome,it is not a kerbing fault it is salt water getting under the lacquer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts