Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,

New guy here. About to get my first Kuga this week, see my sig for details. Have done three 4-week roadtrips in the US in an Escape at which point I said to my wife: I'm gonna get me one of these back home. For me it's an affordable car with decent driver comfort and an optimal middle ground between a modern, traditional, and stylish SUV. In the US it's generally considered a compact SUV but over here in the Netherlands it's more of a mid-sized SUV.

I'm sure I'll be having some questions in the near future and will most likely learn a thing or two just lurking here.

Thanks

Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
All,

New guy here. About to get my first Kuga this week. A black 2018 Kuga Vignale 1.5T 150 HP MT. I'm sure I'll be having some questions in the near future and will most likely learn a thing or two just lurking here.

Thanks
Hi @Hagues welcome to the forum.
you one the few Vignale owners @Psshaw will be along in a minute to tell how good they are馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I guess I'm about to find out soon! I didn't go for a Vignale because Vignale but I wanted one with a fair amount of options and comfort and I personally don't like the sporty look of the ST Line with those all-black details that much. At least in NL the ST Line has that. Don't know about the UK or the US Escape.

Reactions: NigelB

Registered
WelcomeHagues,
It鈥檚 a really friendly forum with loads of knowledgeable and helpful folk who will help with any questions. Enjoy your Kuga once you get it.

Reactions: Ross J and Hagues

Super Moderator
@Hagues

Welcome to the forum. We have a few Dutch members, so you are not alone :)

I had family living in The Netherlands at Voorschoten and Wassenaar and I worked in Almelo and Utrecht for a period.

Registered
Hi Hagues , welcome aboard.

Registered
South Wales 馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伔鬆伂鬆伋鬆伩
Welcome to the forum Hagues as some of the members have already said lots of helpful and friendly members here to help you with any questions you have about your kuga,so don鈥檛 be afraid to ask anything,I鈥檓 sure someone here could help you.or just come here for the banter and there are lots of it here,,馃ぃ
we even have a Friday night music night 馃帳馃幑馃幏馃幐馃馃獣馃幒 post Songs you like from YouTube.

Reactions: Hagues and Les

Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
Welcome to the forum Hagues.
Ditto the guys in the previous post.

Yes we have a Friday night club posting all your favourite music and yes it varies a lot.

Have fun matey.

Reactions: Hagues

Registered
If you plan to pull a caravan then for heaven's sake don't believe Ford crap that the 120 hp can tow 1800 kg.
Just not true en welkom op deze geweldige site.

Reactions: Hagues

Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
Welcome and even more of a welcome to the Vignale club!

I see you have a petrol but you are excused for not having the beautiful, sublime, torque monster of a 2 ltr diesel, as diesel is heavily taxed where you live.

As to the ST models, pah, there ok if you have a good back and still have the yearnings to be young.

I look good in the grandad Vignale. Turns a few heads when I drive past the old folks home. ( it鈥檚 a private joke as you have to be a certain age to have a Vignale) so others on this fab site say.
馃挭

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
Welcome and even more of a welcome to the Vignale club!

I see you have a petrol but you are excused for not having the beautiful, sublime, torque monster of a 2 ltr diesel, as diesel is heavily taxed where you live.

As to the ST models, pah, there ok if you have a good back and still have the yearnings to be young.

I look good in the grandad Vignale. Turns a few heads when I drive past the old folks home. ( it鈥檚 a private joke as you have to be a certain age to have a Vignale) so others on this fab site say.
馃挭
I think I have been known to say the extra income of a pension helps to buy one lol.

Nothing wrong in spending it on something that gives you pleasure. Remember your kids will only spend it if you don't.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you plan to pull a caravan then for heaven's sake don't believe Ford crap that the 120 hp can tow 1800 kg.
Just not true en welkom op deze geweldige site.
Thanks! I have the 150 HP, and I'm toying with the idea of having the ECU software tuned to squeeze out 180 ~ 190 HP as the 182 HP Kuga has exactly the same block AFAIK, but I need to deep dive into that topic. Currently I don't consider myself sufficiently informed on the implications of having it tuned by a 3rd party. First, I'm going to enjoy the vanilla Kuga.

Reactions: NigelB

Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
Vanilla take on the Vin-ya-lee. Love it.
We have to take it care not to upset the lesser mortals as some think were are snobs鈥.what a load of trash鈥easants!

Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
Do you think that writing a reply is much easier with Russian Potato Water on board.

Thanks! I have the 150 HP, and I'm toying with the idea of having the ECU software tuned to squeeze out 180 ~ 190 HP as the 182 HP Kuga has exactly the same block AFAIK, but I need to deep dive into that topic. Currently I don't consider myself sufficiently informed on the implications of having it tuned by a 3rd party. First, I'm going to enjoy the vanilla Kuga.
Everything is the same on the 180. The only thing different is the mapping. On the Mondeo which has the same engine I believe you can alter the mapping using Forscan from 150 to 180. The ABS module needs changing by one digit and if you have automatic there is another setting that needs changing. I don't think option is there on the Kuga, focus or C-max as quite a few people ask on Forscan.

I did quite a few asbuilt comparisons when I did a sync 1 to sync 2 upgrade and the only thing different between my 150bhp car and a 180bhp is one digit change on the abs module and two digits different on the PCM module. I didn't have the guts to try on mine and I would need to do a lot more research before I did.

I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
Easiest thing to do is to search this forum for 'superchips' and 'bluefin' where the subject of remapping has been discussed numerous times...btw mine's now 200+PS & 310+Nm Torque - much better and more like a diesel. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yay, received it today and took it for a quick spin! Feels great so far. Being the geek that I am, I've spent hours going through all settings and options that I could find so far.

I'll get back at Superchip's Bluefin later down the line. But thanks for the tip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts