Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started up Kuga, no Ford signing in screen, leading to blank, black 8" Navigation Screen.... and no Radio !!

Did a few engine stop/starts, still no joy

Popped into Dealer looks like a blown fuse......... then the screen came back to life again, along with working Radio.... very strange.. so not a fuse then !

Only thing dealer did was engine stop, lock drivers door, open door, start engine a couple of times....

He thinks it may be a software problem, so into dealer tomorrow to have software test/update via multi connector.

The Kuga drove normally without the screen & associated functions.

Kuga has only done 350 miles from new.

Once the screen reappeared, no problems after a couple of stop/starts.

Any ideas ?

·
Super Moderator
2,544 Posts
Boot glitch on the Sync system

I have had one occurrence (two days after getting the car) and no problems in the four months since.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Mine is Sync2 and it has also done this twice but recovered after a restart. No faults were logged (not really surprising the only faults that seem to get logged are the ones Ford can charge you for)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I'll echo the same symptom Rob on my Sync 2 (Also 2016 vintage), also done it twice and recovered after restart, but its at least a year ago when it last did it.

I guess its an hereditary bug that they cant find.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,739 Posts
Luckily I’ve not had any issues of such in any of the kugas we’ve had.

I recall the dealer saying once, if anything untoward arises, exit the car, double lock and leave for at least 2 minutes.

There also seems to be other resets for service lights etc involving “cycling” the ignition and doors etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem not long after getting the car but it was 1 year old. That was two years ago. I got it again tonight where the screen SYNC 3 remained black, Stop and restart didnt do anything but thinking it might be a button somewhere i pushed the hazard lights and the screen returned.
Im going to ring Ford tomorrow, its just 5 months out of warranty so wonder if they will update the system

·
Super Moderator
886 Posts
Beware you don't "accidentally" press the screen button... That blanks it out!

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,739 Posts
To the right of the volume know there is a button that says “screen”. Press it when ignition is on and it turns it off press again for on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Started up Kuga, no Ford signing in screen, leading to blank, black 8" Navigation Screen.... and no Radio !!

Popped into Dealer looks like a blown fuse......... then the screen came back to life again, along with working Radio.... very strange.. so not a fuse then !

Only thing dealer did was engine stop, lock drivers door, open door, start engine a couple of times....

He thinks it may be a software problem, so into dealer tomorrow to have software test/update via multi connector.

Any ideas ?
My kuga touch screen wont lite up can't pair phone no sat no navigation nothing any ideas

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,787 Posts
Daft question but do you have a display button on the radio control panel. Mine is from a 2017 car so will be different to yours but I can turn the display on and off.

Does your radio still work.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any ideas ?
My screen went blank,had to get a new module fitted, took 8 weeks to get the part,and so far 2 weeks for ford to put a program to make it compatible, and it's still in the garage

Any ideas ?my screen went blank, and to get a new module fitted, it took 8 weeks to get the part, and so far 2 weeks for ford to put a program to make it compatible, and it's still in the garage

·
Registered
1 Posts
My kuga touch screen wont lite up can't pair phone no sat no navigation nothing any ideas
Mine was doing this. I found out that I had touched the off switch at the top left of the control panel instead of the eject CD button I had intended to press (which is top right of the control panel). It would connect to the bluetooth on my phone but not show my radio or phone controls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts