Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kuga, Titanium, 2.0 TDCI (Stage 1 Mapped), Panther Black
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a few days away, first big trip for my Kuga. It's awesome so far, coping with everything that's been thrown at it.

I have one issue....the Sat Nav. Day 1, fine. Day 2, worked for the first 30 minutes, but then the keyboard appeared greyed out, leaving me unable to use it. On postcode, town, everything.

Tried off, on, engine off...everything. Weirdest aspect was the map was still working, and it would accept previous destinations!

Had to resort to Google maps, nowhere near as easy as having in front of me!

I'm still away, and really need it.....any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? It happened at home a month or so back, but it corrected itself and was fine until today.

Praying for a simple fix!

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,003 Posts
Thats a bummer, presuming you have sync2 you could try a master reset, you will need to repair phones, re-enter favourites etc, have a look here

Reactions: Redguy

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,037 Posts
As above 2016 is pre-facelift so it should be Sync 2. This picture should help, ignore the fascia's, just look at the screens.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Update Ninja
4,003 Posts
All working again, many thanks!

I'll know what to do if it goes again.....
So the master reset sorted it then👍

·
Registered
2016 Kuga, Titanium, 2.0 TDCI (Stage 1 Mapped), Panther Black
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the master reset sorted it then👍
It did! Keyboard back to life, looked a little brighter as well. Super straight forward too. 👌

Hopefully it should be okay now - do we have any ideas why it needed it? Is it a common blip?

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,037 Posts
I think you'll find that Sync 2 has a number of these little quirks.

·
Update Ninja
4,003 Posts
It did! Keyboard back to life, looked a little brighter as well. Super straight forward too. 👌

Hopefully it should be okay now - do we have any ideas why it needed it? Is it a common blip?
Probably designed by the bloke who coined the phrase, “ if it doesn't work, power it down and power it backup” that should sort it out 😂😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts