Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, has anyone bought and fitted the roof rails to the Kuga themselves?

Reason I am asking is that I can get the rails at a discounted price and thought it would be cheaper to do it that way rather than pay the steep price of the optional extra?

I have read some horror stories of it coming to nearly £700 to have them fitted due to the complication of the fitting procedure, as there was nothing under the blanking plates to attatch them too?

But if the Kuga is anything like the focus, all you had to do was start digging a hole underneath the blanking plates(as it is painted silicone and not metal) and a thread would appear to where you would attatch the bolts of the roof rack?

Im not saying this is the case in the Kuga as I have never inspected one? I was just wondering if it could or had be done at all, without paying the exstortionate prices of the dealers!? Or would it be simpler just to get iy added as an extra?

Cheers.

Dave

·
Registered
418 Posts
always go for them as an extra as there is a post on here that details £700 to get them fitted as there is no thread - seems weird that they would have tooling to make two shells different for the with/without bars.

go for the apperance pack, 18" wheels, drug dealer windows and bars for £500.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drug dealer windows are a must
and the rails, but will have to consider the wheels? As I will be having metallic paint also, so that could take it up to overa grand for extras, and as we all know, we dont get this back when we sell them on.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yep £500 all in, the bluetooth is also very good.

Mine came with all that and to be honest I would only have added the USB iPOD connection as mine is a Zetec.

Was in your neck of the woods yesterday at Oakwood and saw no other Kuga's so you may be the only one...

What colour are you looking at, I have Avalon which is so good - saw a Chill one at the weekend which was quite nice.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice thought to be the only one with a Kuga in my neck of the woods, but I work for Ford in the engine plant in Brdgend, and the car park has around 4 or 5 in them at any one time

I am going to get black mate, as it has always been my fav colour on a car. So will def have the DD feel and look about it with those new wheels and tints!

You seen the electric white at all, looks pretty cool. Think I would rather see it on the Focus ST though?? And I also think its more expensive than the standard metalics too?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts