Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there everybody,
is it just my kuga or does everybodys roof lining in the car stop short of the front window which leaves it looking like its not finished off,
please let me know if you have the same problem.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi kuga boy , sorry to say i havent noticed anything up to now, but i will have a good look in daylight tomorrow. BK.

·
Registered
94 Posts
got my kuga in july and looked today mine is the same. as you said looks unfinished. the car is great. but ford could have done more on the trim side itlets the car down a bit. come on ford spend more on trim.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I have already mentioned that the fitted carpet in my Kuga Titanium is coming adrift in some areas mainly N/S front where it is supposed to tuckbehind plastic trim, carpetseems too short I have tucked it behind trim finisher many many times and it keeps riding back out again whenever anyone sits in passenger seat and puts there feet in the footwell area, gaps of insulation presumably where carpet should be masking near glove box as my salesman explained you have not bought a Bentley you have purchased a mass produced car!! Derrrrrrrrr!!!! Sadly it's that missing attention to detail which spoils the whole Kuga ownership experience which is a real shame because as We all know the Kuga is a really nice car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi there,
is this the part of the carpet where they have just cut out a piece of carpet to accommodate the floor lights , very shoddy not to mention no seat back trays cheap carpet floor storage missing plastic screws to keep foam in place. i did not want to have roof rails fitted,then changed my mind only to be told it was to far on in production,to have them.this was 2 months before i recieved it.this will be my 8th ford car maybe my last.

thanks for reading kuga boy.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Kuga boy The salesman actually asked me if I wanted the Titanium Appearance pack (think this was FOC?) however I declined reason is I had driven around with my previous vehicle with privacy glass and to be honest even with/without sensors fitted it was difficult to see out of the back window particularlyon a dark/Winters night so shot myself in the foot there but yes Roof rails with hindsight would not only be useful but theykind of finish off the whole look andmake the vehicle look cool. I should of asked him can I just have the roof rails only, but was unsure if this pack was extra been told since that this was a given. I asked dealer recently, Roof Rails . . . how much? he quoted a ridiculas price, for the rails and from memory at leastfive hours labour . . .what? yes apparently all the roof lining and grab handles etc etc have to be completely removed and it is a "big job" because the rail is secured from the inside??? I have since been informed by KOC members that is rubbish the rails can easily be fitted just by removing the plasic strips which run down both sides of roof and once removed the rails are secured to pre-drilled holes. Car Dealers even in 2009 Hey. Problem here is that they think our heads button up the back hang on I will just check . . . . No cannot feel any buttons, but joking apartI suspect we could all write a book. Bob.
PSThought. Ford should be reading some of the posts on this site, they might just learn something.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi bob,
the thing is would you be prepared to take of these strips only to find ther might be nothing there.ive got a feeling once you take off these strips they will not be fit to put back,yesterday i went to a ford dealers went into sales and asked if it was possible to fit anything other than roof rails eg general roof rack he could not tell me.i dont belive any ford dealer knows much about the kuga but i will keep trying.
thanks for your reply ,
sean.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Kuga boy (Sean) I know what you mean seem to recall someone mentioning that once they removed these strips they could not find the pre-drilled holes, that may of been my dealer salesman post just to hack us all off. Some posters who ordered there Kuga after I ordered mine claim that they have the now infamous "drop down trays" Ford told me that they have been discontinued, they have been dropped from production and should not of beenshown as available, the bad bad dealer (backward Ford chip) should of informed me however get this, Slimus confirmed only yesterday the drop down trays are printed in the very latest Ford Kuga August 2009 brochure (still warm apparently) now I think that this is totally unacceptable and a little more than an oversight, to me it's the dreaded "D" word. Some posters have repeatedly pointed out, "Yeah look at the Ford Disclaimer" but hang on this very latestbrochure and lets befair itshouldcontainaccurate informationbut sadly it does not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
had the same problem with trays,went to pick up kuga dealer told me to have a look round it while he sorted out paperwork,only to find no trays.i confronted him he went away came back ten mins later and told me they where not part of titanium package,to this i replied yes they are,he then went away came back ten mins later ,and said they had been removed from the 09 model and brought back with him a 08 brochure and an 09 brochure,to which he pointed out in 09 brochure titanium page no seat back trays.i asked him for a look in it and to my suprise at the back in spec there they where,to which he then replied there"s not much you can do because of the disclaimer on the back of the brochure.he then told me they can change anything they want in the brochure. rubbish i replied the brochure was dated the 5 aug i picked up my kuga on the 7th ,all that he was intrested in was my money,but still not giving up wife is writing a letter of complaint,and iam going to speak to trading standards.

sean

·
Registered
156 Posts
FORD are selling aluminium roof rails at a discount price of £164 according to brochure that popped thru my letterbox 3 days ago.
I understand (from Kugababe I think) that rails are easy to fit from the outside as bob says, but the "nuts" are under the skin of the roof, I'm led to believe that the instructions that are supplied with rails shows you how and where to drill.I cannot vouch for this.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good for you Kugaboy please let us no the result i think they will offer you a free service as a good will,has anybody had there carpets changed by the dealer in the last couple of months,not seen much about the subject over the last couple of months ? or is everybody now happy with them? anyfeed back off ford or dealers over them ?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Re: Roof Rails. Shows you where to drill?After the court case and suspended sentence not sure whether I would be allowed to use a drill again Lol.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Kugaboy
just checked my roof lining and yes it seems to stop a couple of mm's short of the window and does look pretty crap. In fact I noticed the whole roof lining can be pushed up about 10mm and then relaxes in to the saggy rest position you think is "fixed".

Not important but sloppy finish.

Slimus.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have just been looking at old threads re fitting roof rails.
Forget my error in saying you have to drill through skin..

Instead goto
http://www.mediafire.com/file/neoytyzyzai/KugaC394_Roof_Rails_SK8V4J_550B12_AA.pdf

this is a PDF of fitting instructions. Initially provided by dbillia.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts