Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have roof bars fitted to my Kuga and since day 1, I have experienced a noise that appears to come from directly above the driver's head where the sun visor mounting joins the roof.

This is directly below the front of the roof bar and this would be the more likely culprit than anything internal.

At high speed I frequently get atapping noise which I assume because of the speed is wind related, perhaps rattling the front of the roofbar. It is sporadic and whilst it is not loud itdoes occur regularly and is incredibly annoying.

Strangely when I press the sunvisor mounting, it stops the tapping immediately.

It is now back with the dealer for a second time to try and resolve it.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Do you have a panoramic roof? Maybe the front sun blind has a problem if you do. Also, I have to readjust the way my sunglasses sit in the drop down cubby over the rear-view mirror, as sometimes they cause a rattle! (Yes, there are some days that I don't need to wear sunglasses while driving here in Spain)

I would be surprised if your rattle has anything to do with the roof rail mounting, except maybe the plastic trim clipped over the leading edge.

Hope you get it sorted!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the same problem and it took a while to find out it was. My sunglasses in the sunglass holder where causing the problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions but I have already discovered the sunglasses rattle and eliminated that one.
I do have the panoramic roof but itdoes not come from the blinds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts