Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All,

Skipton looks good but I will check availability.

I finally received and fitted the Ford supplied plastic protection plate for the rear bumber.

It looks really good when fittedwhen it's back edge is just about 5mm from the outer lip of the bumper. It reflects beautifully in the highly reflective black of the boot door.

The only downside is the cost. It looks great and will undoubtedly do a good job but I think the cost at nearly £100 including postage is steep for what is after all a bit of contoured plastic with some self adhesive strips on.

The illustration on the FordpartsUK site is a bit misleading because it doesn't clearly show what it is.

I had a conversation withFordparts UKabout my concerns and to their credit they were open, helpful andreceptiveand did agree to take it back and provide a full refund but on balance, I am pleased that I decided finally to accept and fit it.

Anyone want to see it?

·
Registered
374 Posts
desperate to see this in reality, I have been bidding on ebay for the "fake" one and following advice from other members here I am limiting how much I pay. However, I would always much rather have the genuine one so would be very grateful of "real" images. My boxer is determined to make me get one......lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine's exactly the same as the Norway photies.It's good to see I might have got the placement right too. They do look good but so expensive. I see Sap has a shorter aerial too. I keep the original long one for long journeys but if there's a chance I might have to get the car into a domestic garage I usually just keep the shortie on.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wonderful to see it for real, is there any chance of seeing it with the tailgate open so we can see how it looks on the un-covered area. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good news about a rear bumper protector plate !
.Theres a firm in the UK called RGM who have been doing these for years for most makes of cars , who do one in black for £ 45.70 and silver for £ 50.70 inc p & p . Here is the web site so you can see what they look like - or at least the black one ! - rearguards.co.uk .

Now which one shall I order !

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have found a firm in the UK called RGM who have been making these for years for various cars and now they do the Kuga . They do both black £45.70 or silver £50.70 inc p & p .Cheaper than Ford and I think better too because they do the full width and abit of the curvy bit of the bumper each end plus they they wrapover by a cm or so on the edge . The email addy is rearguards.co.uk . Have a look it will be worth it !
Now all I have to do is to decide which colour to go for black or silver - my KUGA is blue

·
Registered
58 Posts
richard grant mouldings? if so they have been going for years. I may take a peek?

·
Registered
61 Posts
looks really good. I bought the Ford foil version and fitted it at the weekend. TBH I don't like it and was considering buying the Ford stainless steel version, but now this is out I think I may take the plunge

But I think I will need to go with Silver as it will match the Vision Blue paintwork a bit better IMHO..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just fitted the Ford silver one and looks good but wish I'd waited now. The RG unit looks brilliant. Next Kuga gets one of those!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cornish

the website is www.rearguards.co.uk- the OP just omitted the www.

Looks really good and covers a much larger area than either of the Ford offerings.

BTW - I have just taken the plunge and ordered mine in Silver.... only issue is there maybe a slight delay as for Silver they need around six orders (of any vehicles, not just Kuga) before making it... so I just have to wait and see.

I will post some piccies once I have it though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mrs PL has already complained that I (MOI????) has scratched the bumper, so I think this will be a sound investment.

·
Registered
61 Posts
go on go silver.... then we just need one more

No seriously I think silver will match the silver accents on the rest of the car nicely. If you have black or sea grey then maybe black or silver..... that's my logic anyway..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well mine arrived this morning courtesy of parcel force.

I must say I am very impressed with the design. I haven't fitted it yet but did take it out of its packaging to line it up against the bumper.

It looks like it will be a very good fit, plus the way they have engineered it is very clever. They have included two holes so that you can remove the bottom two torq bolts from the bumper itself (hard to explain but if you open the boot you will see them in the corner!). You can then bolt the protector directly to the car itself.... in addition to the 3M tape.

As I said hard to explain but I will try and take some piccies to explain a bit better later......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok I've fitted the bumper protector and I must say I think it looks really good, very factory finish like....

I especially like the fact it uses a couple of the Torq screws!

Be careful when you are fitting it because if you have to resight it on the bumper after already pulling the film off the 3M tape it can be quiet hard, plus the edges are a bit sharp, so I lost a bit of skin from my fingers doing it

But its all ok in the end. I would just recommend getting the back edge on first &all lined up before pressing down firm....

Anyway here are some before and after pics (I hope if Flickr wants to play ball!!)

Edited by: wise1

1 - 20 of 496 Posts