Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Reversing camera

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  smartguy69 
#1 ·
hi, I’m new to this, I have a 2010 mk1 individual model with built in sat nav but no reverse camera, does anyone know if I can fit a retro into the genuine head unit? and any recommendations? Thanks

#2 ·
Hi @JSKuga welcome to the forum,

Please take a minute to fill our your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you typing it in all the time. Details can be found here.....Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

As for your question, we have a lot of knowledgeable people on the forum, I'm sure one of them will be able to help you out.

#3 ·
Thanks, with all the spec it has I can’t believe it doesn’t have factory fit camera, I see a lot of sync, 1,2,3 but don’t really understand, just would like one to work on the original screen if possible, any advice would be helpful

#5 ·
That’s what I thought, hopefully then does that mean i can wire in an aftermarket kit to the reverse lights etc and it should work, does anyone know which colour is the camera input on the back of the head unit, I haven’t took it out yet but I believe I need an adapter as it’s possibly a fakra connector or something

#6 ·
Hiya JSKuga,

I'm intrigued to know what an "Individual Kuga" is please mate?
Surely it's one of the models with extra's?

I've never heard of an "Individual" before,.

#8 ·
I think we had someone post a picture of a black one a short while ago.

@JSKuga - does your car have the blaupunkt radio as in the travel pilot NX with touch screen.As andspenka says it is before sync so you may need to pull the screen and see if it has an input on the back. You can get a fakra to RCA adapter lead. These appear to be blue in the links I seen so perhaps the one on the back of yours if you have one will also be blue. Not sure how programming works on your model as on ours you need to enable rear camera in the BCM.

It is highly likely that someone may have done this on the focus or Mondeo so perhaps have a look also on ford owners UK. I had a quick look but in the two that I found they had fitted an after market head unit.

#7 ·
Hi, yes, I believe there wasn’t many made, if you google it that’s what mine is in white, it has 19” alloys, full colour coded body kit and a unique black leather interior with white piping with individual embossed in the seats, I think it was a factory extra at the time costing a few thousand on top of the titanium model

#9 ·
Thanks for the response, I’ll try and pull the stereo out when I get chance, I did also think of an aftermarket head unit but mine is all integrated within the climate control so I don’t think that’s an option, I’ll keep looking into this and I’ll post when I find something out, I’m in no rush at the moment I still have rear parking sensors so keeps the Mrs happy

#10 ·
I can't really help you unfortunately with the MK1 but if the input is there on the back of the head unit it would look positive. If you haven't got an elm327 then it may be an idea to buy a modded one, download Forscan and see what options you have in your cars configuration. I believe the after market head units work a little differently to activating the rear camera compared to an OEM ford head unit and my guess is you would need to tell your car it has a camera and that would be done via forscan. Similar to trailer activation which has been around for many years in cars with Canbus wiring systems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.