Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kuga 2008 diesel.
Parking sensors and reverse lights not working. I have changed the Reverse switch in the engine bay but this hasn’t made them work. I believe the same fuse is used for the reverse lights as the power door mirrors, but the mirrors are working and so I don’t think it can be the fuse.

Anyone got any ideas? Thank you very much

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Mirrors are controlled by door modules and are on a separate fuse. Check the REV lamp fuse, or at least check you have voltage at the reversing light switch.

The switch operates a relay R3 in the engine bay fuse box, is that operating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Filco.
R3 in the engine baby Fuse compartment is empty. Should it be?

And the reverse light and reverse sensors used To work.
The car manual says that Number 141 is Reversing lamp and electric mirrors

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
My MK1 diagram does say 2011 so its obviously an update and the handbook copy I have is 2010.

They started adding a relay as the 4 amps drawn by the reversing lamps burnt out the switch contacts.

I'd still check that you have voltage at the switch and if there is, then perhaps linking the switch connections and check the lights to make sure is not the switch thats not being operated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turns out it was a simple fuse that needed changing. Number 141 in the glove compartment fuse box.
Clearly the manual is inaccurate as it clearly states that Fuse 141 operates both the electric door mirrors and reversing lights. When I removed fuse 141 the door mirrors continued to work.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
There you go.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is likely a short somewhere along the wiring/circuit causing an overload. Look at the wiring harness for possible corrosion or splits. Water ingress into components can be a cause as well. Check for misting on the inside of your rear lights

1 - 11 of 11 Posts