Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, new to this forum and have been looking to have cruise control retro fitted to their Mk1 Kuga 2ltr diesel. I have looked at them online but have been told that the operating controls on the stalk has to be fitted to the left of the steering column. Doesn't look to be enough room there for another stalk. I notice the factory fit controls are small paddles which are attached to the steering wheel. Can anyone help please. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Dave,

I have a NZ New 2012 MkI & it has Cruse Control, but is housed in the steering wheel.
In my view it would be best to find a damaged MkI Kuga that someone is wrecking for parts, & just get one from them. Wrecker can rip You off big time, so just tell them that you need another S/W ask for some photos. it will obvious from these if the steering wheel has Cruse Control fitted.

Cheers
Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yep same as my cruise control on my mk1 tit with same steering wheel, question is will it have the same electrics in the steering column once you try to change from standard to cruise control features?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car doesn't have a standard cruise control and as I'm informed from local Ford dealer they can't install an original one. In this case any cruise control would be better than no cruise control.
The question is if an aftermarket system like the one I mentioned above will work as I can't find any feedback from someone who is using one.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Never use our CC on the MK2, probably a handfull of times just to check it works.

It's coded into the cars engine management so would be a big undertaking to try and retro-fit I would imagine?.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I do actually use the cruise control quit a bit as I do the same old journey 3 days a week and leaving early doors I get a chance to be on the A120 and A12 without much traffic, So it does come in handy.

I actually did a test of how often I use the brakes on my way into work, I drive 62 miles each way and on the way in theres very little traffic.

I managed to drive 48 miles WITHOUT using the brakes, Using cruise control driving at about 65 mph its very easy to just poodle along and enjoy the ride whilst allowing everyone else to charge past in the outside lane.

Some hairy sights first thing in the morning believe me!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drive for long time (3hours) on the highway twice a week and its really exhausting. I have driven rental cars with cc and I can say that there's much of difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts