Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Titanium FWD 158bhp
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post and have been dipping in and out since I bought my 2015 Kuga.

I thought initially that this year came with LEDs but alas they don't - I bought it anyway.

Now I've seen threads on changing the bulbs out to bright white halogens but was wondering if the current headlight units can be replaced with newer Led units and be fitted to the same wiring loom?

Is this a pointless endeavour and should I just upgrade the bulbs?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,500 Posts
As the reflectors and enclosures with need to be upgraded(there actually aren't any suitable enclosures anyway) to accommodate LED's otherwise they would be illegal I would simply upgrade the headlights to something like a Nightbreaker or similar.
All of the other external bulbs can be changed to LEDs if you wish.

·
Super Moderator
2,500 Posts
P.S. welcome to the forum and don't forget to put your model and year in your signature, as it makes it easier for others to help you.

Cheers

·
Registered
2015 Titanium FWD 158bhp
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your response. That's a shame, I really like the DLRs in the 2020 models.

I already bought some Phillips white lights for main beams and have read how to change the DLRs. I will go check the quantity and types of bulbs I need and then get my family garage to change them all. 😁

·
Super Moderator
2,500 Posts
The DLRs are not a problem it's the dipped and main beams that you can't change legally simply because the reflectors can't be modified to throw the correct shape of beam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts