Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I hate about my Kuga is the horn. For such a big car, the horn is very weak...

My misses Corsa has a MUCH better horn than mine.

I know it seems like nothing to worry about, and I'm not worried, but if there is an easy replacement available that sounds better - I'd love to try it.

If anyone has done this, or knows there to start please let me know.

Registered
South Wales 馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伔鬆伂鬆伋鬆伩
There are a few on here who have done something about their kuga horn,if you search horn you will find some posts/threads about it.
If you could put details of your kuga in your signature it would help other forum users when you need help or advice on the kuga.

Ross

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noted - updated signature.

I've had a search but I don't even know which type of horn I currently have

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

Resurrecting my post from a while ago! At first I didn't bother to progress this, but its started annoying me again, so thought I'd see about adding a better horn.

Firstly, I have a 2016 Titanium Sport X. I've had a look on the forum and can find a post that references removing the piece of plastic cover under the bonnet that houses the bonnet release catch. Apparently under here should be a wiring loom meaning I can simply add a second horn. But as you can see on the photo below, there's nothing there.

Also, my horn isnt even in the location that others say it should be. It's actually located here... (red circle)

I peeled back the bumper to locate it, and it is a single horn.I checked the passenger side of the same location, and there's nothing there either.

So i guess my question is, what can i do now? I can't very easily get to the red circle to replace the horn with something better (or a dual one), without removing the entire bumper.

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks

I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
The cable is well hidden or at least it was on my 2019 Kuga even with the plastic panel off. You have to feel it not really able to see it as it was taped to the chassis. Can you feel any cables under there at all as it should be attached to the other front light wiring looms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts