Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i was looking for some advice on how to re program my remote key to open and close the car,

i only have the one key and i been ill for some time and the battery died on my car so now the remote does not unlock or unlock the car,

i have checked battery in remote and also had the remote checked and it is transmitting,

just need to know how to sync to car

i know in the older fords you could put the key into ignition and turn in to position 2 4 times and so on but my kuga does not have a rotating ignition so there must be another way to re program the remote to the car,

its a mk1 2008 kuga

the car does still start the car, so it disarms immobiliser but i wanted to know how to sync it to the car

thankyou

Margaret

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Your describing the passive antitheft above where you cycle the ignition and that is still present at the side of the steering wheel column (the indent) where you place the key fob if the keyfob battery is flat. You may like to try placing the fob at the side of thesteering wheel to start the car and see if that re-initialises the remote control. Other than that it maybe a case of using a second remote control (which you havent got) which may have also re-initialise the non functioning fob if it was inside the car with you.

Finally, a visit to the dealer of course, argh.

Edited by: Fillco

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thankyou for your response, i dont believe i was talking about the anti theft, there are lots of vidoes on the net about how to re sync your older ford models if you remote for what ever reason does not open your car,

simply insert into ignition, turn to position 2 and repeat 4 times or something like that lol

so im just trying to find how to connect my key fob to my car so i can control the central locking, at the moment i have to manually open the door with the key but i want to use the button on the fob to open and close the car doors.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Indeed your right re remote, but in the light of not having key to smartly switch ignition on and off and that the keyless start system uses radio frequency as well as the inductive passive system (near field by placing the fob near the steering column) my 2 suggestions may have helped.

Your keyless start transmissions are obviously working ok as your managing to start the car without placing the fob next to the steering column

How did you verify the remote control transmitter was working, did you actually listen to the transmission?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when the fob stopped working, i went to a local locksmith and he checked the fob and he told it was transmitting,

so ive come to the conclusion that it must have lost its sync with the car, so i was hoping it would be as easy as the old method of reprogramming your key,

can you please suggest anything?

also one thing i did notice, sometimes before fob stopped working, the car would tell me the bonnet was open even when it wasnt, if the bonnet is open, or the car thinks it is would the central locking work at all, as in none of the buttons on the fob do anything?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I'd think you'd still get you bonnet warning.

OK on the locksmith checking transmission, he'd use a Field Strength Meter to do this but it is sufficient.

My only suggestion would be to try placing the fob next to the steering column and pressing ignition on.

As your Kuga is a MK1 it may be like the 2008 onward Mondeo, turn ignition on 4 times leaving it on at the 4th time and then press the unlock button on your remote.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i do get the bonnet warning but can that be the reason my doors dont lock via remote, they lock manually with key/

i tried your suggestion however if i do not actually insert key into ignition the car wont start, even though i cannot turn the key in the ignition it has to be placed inside otherwise no key detected keeps flashing up.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
OK, yes if the bonnet is showing a permanent open I dont think the car would lock.

Ah so keyfree start isnt working either other than using the passive position near the steering wheel column, that wasnt clear as in your initial post.

The condition your fob is in, I dont think will allow reprogramming without a visit to your dealer. There are 2 transmitters in your key fob, one for remote locking and one for keyfree which also has a receiver that the car transmits to. Neither are working.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi all,

i was looking for some advice on how to re program my remote key to open and close the car,

i only have the one key and i been ill for some time and the battery died on my car so now the remote does not unlock or unlock the car,

i have checked battery in remote and also had the remote checked and it is transmitting,

just need to know how to sync to car

i know in the older fords you could put the key into ignition and turn in to position 2 4 times and so on but my kuga does not have a rotating ignition so there must be another way to re program the remote to the car,

its a mk1 2008 kuga

the car does still start the car, so it disarms immobiliser but i wanted to know how to sync it to the car

thankyou

Margaret
I am having the very same issues and tried lots of things but still car not recognizing the fob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts