Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm tempted to take advantage of the discount to get Bluefins for both Fiesta and Kuga, currently my finger is hovering above mouse button to press the "Buy now" ;)
Will cost you a bit on air freight , mine was £ 35 just to NL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well got the TDI tune box and to be honest it does what it says on the box.

My fuel to empty having filled up upon fitting the box recalibrated to 500 miles to empty.

I set the trip and it seemed to follow the usage bearing in mind the fuel to empty on a full tank was maximum 428 miles to empty.

Pulling away and changing to second is much smoother as I always felt there was a bit of a dip?.

So fuel economy and smoothness fine.

Acceleration does seem more responsive but I have not bought the vehicle for this.

Will be towing my caravan on 15th this month so will advise on how she pulls.

This was never really an issue but its part of the package so will see how it goes.

Mark

·
Registered
354 Posts
What I have found with my motor is, with the tank on reserve its like a new toy...………….its sooo much quicker.

Yes I know it's running a lot lighter with less fuel in it, But the difference is amazing???

I don't want to fill it up anymore...………………….still had to though....Dohhhhhhhhhhhh.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Happyyarry: A ZZR600 motorbike with a empty tank.

Fill it up and go, so when the last few litres are left the weight of 16+ ltrs have gone (sorry greens) and after some 160 miles of playing, the tyres, suspension and the rider all warmed up! Flicks through bends and just goes like (not a kuga)!

Steering light at front but something to do with the front wheel not touching tarmac!

The when you have to fill it up, Ahhh the weight comes back on. Also note, the fuel at 13-15 deg C, so on a hot day get condensation on the outer of the tank (and cold legs for a mile or two). Roll on summer...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I had a silver n black zzr 600.
r 890 cnw.
went like theclappers and 140 was achievable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys 1st post, I have had a lot of ecu tunes, via many tuners some great power but very jerky and a small power window great for boy racers,
I came across Viezu in 2011 I had a Ford Galaxy retuned after another tuner literally wrecked it no power and terrible MPG. Viezu spent a lot of time fixing it and ran it on the dyno until it was perfect, it was so wonderful powerful yet no apparent power band it just pulled from 1800RPM all the way to the red line, I could change gear at any point and it kept going. I pull a 1750KG caravan which did no better than 24MPG with any other vehicle I had owned in the previous 12 years but my Galaxy did up to 32MPG and towing at around 65-75MPH. I also had a few years delivering caravans and my 140BHP Viezu tuned Galaxy with 175BHP pulled every single caravan with ease, I even got 31MPG with a Fleetwood twin axle on a run from Lands End to Nottingham averaging 65MPH.
I was so impressed I took 3 of my friends who had various cars done, VW golf, TDI Freelander Diesel, and a 180BHP Kuga diesel which does up to 52MPG on a motorway run @ 70MPH.
I had 2 galaxy's done a 140BHP and a 163 BHP both diesel and both transformed into a smooth powerful economical enjoyable cars.

I am collecting my Kuga titanium 180 Diesel tomorrow and I booked it into Viezu today, if you want a super smooth powerful yet economical tune I couldn't recommend them HIGHLY enough all my friends have been delighted as I am.
They could easily do a high power tune with a short power band but they know better they have been around longer than most so have huge experience, they have to have I don't trust my car to just anyone that's for sure.

I hope this doesn't sound like an advert this is my own personal experience and feelings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, and don't do it. If you are saying it has 7 settings and is removable, it's probably just a -dumber or "smarter"- piggyback. These are underperforming nuisances -at best- or down right disasters -at worst. Get yourself a decent remap from a reputable tuner, don't bother with these things.
Sorry have one from tdi on my 1.5tdci and it works a treat ,improves the feel and better power spread ,easy to fit and remove suited my style of driving and i can feel an improvment in power gain with a reduction in fuel usage as a bouns

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sorry have one from tdi on my 1.5tdci and it works a treat ,improves the feel and better power spread ,easy to fit and remove suited my style of driving and i can feel an improvment in power gain with a reduction in fuel usage as a bouns
Might be one of the fortunate ones, reviews of these piggybacks are split between "so-n-so" and "broke my car". And in any case the basic principle is flawed (or lacking) to begin with -compared to a proper remap- which leads to the problems mentioned by many owners (not strictly Kugas or Fords).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Proper remaps these days are so cheap I certainly wouldn't buy anything else. I had one of these tuning boxes years ago fitted to my S-Max TDCi (around £90) and had it on for a few years without issues but after the Superchips Bluefin remap there was no comparison - so much better and peace of mind too especially if under warranty still. I have had a Bluefin fitted to my current Kuga ST-Line 1.5 ecoboost after only 2 weeks and the best thing I ever did!

·
Registered
15 Posts
[QUOTE The Ace:
Might be one of the fortunate ones, reviews of these piggybacks are split between "so-n-so" and "broke my car". And in any case the basic principle is flawed (or lacking) to begin with -compared to a proper remap- which leads to the problems mentioned by many owners (not strictly Kugas or Fords).
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, my friend with the Kuga always used the various Box's on almost every car he had, I however have always had proper remaps, My back ground is tuning Racing motorcycles which I did get very good at and did a few for some World Champions. With that in mind this is why I always go down the proper job route, I have only been disappointed once, I would name via PM if anyone wants to know the guy who almost wrecked my 1st Ford Galaxy 2.1 TDCI 140BHP.

When Viezu fixed the damage he did that amazed me because there was so much he did wrong but they not only fixed it but made it the best map I ever had, it had great power very smooth and amazing economy 67MPG for a Ford Galaxy at 60MPH is amazing.

Anyway enough of my crap, my friend whom I took to Viezu whilst I had my 4th Galaxy mapped was so amazed how it went on the way home we immediately booked his Kuga in for a map.
The other day for a bit of fun I asked him if he was happy with it,( I asked because I now bought the same car has is)
His reply GET IT DONE in a very loud voice, he also pulls a 2000KG caravan which he says was transformed.
Mine is booked in to Viezu I can 100% HIGHLY recommend their maps, they have a true wizard Simon White who has more knowledge than anyone in the industry I have ever known.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What I have found with my motor is, with the tank on reserve its like a new toy...………….its sooo much quicker.

Yes I know it's running a lot lighter with less fuel in it, But the difference is amazing???

I don't want to fill it up anymore...………………….still had to though....Dohhhhhhhhhhhh.
same for most cars like you said but definitely agreed, the difference is phenomenal

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a 180bhp AWD and tried Bluefin. I have to say I'm underwhelmed. No real mpg improvement and tbh in sports mode it feels no different with :-(
Bluefin did send me a modified map after I contacted them with my disappointment but again so no real improvement

·
Registered
136 Posts
Really? Are you making the most of the rev range? i.e. over 3000rpm as that's where the most noticeable difference is with power and torque too. It is on mine and it goes like a rocket now but only above 2500-3000rpm.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts