Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2016 titanium x sport with 2.0 diesel with the 180 bhp engine. I'm looking at getting a blue fin remap but I've never had one on a car before. The consensus seems to be to go for it... but ..

For those in the know how does it fair with the clutch (it's a manual) and other "running gear" also does it cause issues with the dpf (15 mile commute over twisty and also dual carriageway A roads)

Also anyone know if swift cover insurance will punish me financially for having the map done

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wear & tear on engine and gearbox parts will depend mainly on you (namely your right foot and your eagerness to exploit the newly found power :p ). Increased mechanical and thermal loads do exist, but according to previous experience, have neglible effects when speaking about short-term durability issues. If you are planning on keeping the car for a long time and do a serious amount of miles (like 150K or more), then you should consider the possibility of a mechanical failure a bit sooner than expected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've toyed with the remap idea too, the Kuga 1, in 2.0 TDCi 140 or 163 ps are the same engine, to the best of my knowledge, identical, they have the same Delfi fuel system and ECU.
I'm told by Celtic tuning their stage 1 tune is basically the 163 map. In theory tuning a 140 to a 163 shouldn't have any wear issues not already found on the 163.
They also offer a 201 ps tune, that does sound like fun. Incidentally, brakes etc on the diesel are (I think) the same as the 200ps 2.5T petrol.
Simply put, the rest of the car should take it if the engine will.
Your thoughts guys

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I would go for it without a moments hesitation.
All the 2.0l TDCI engines are the same except for the tuning map.
If you use a tuning company with a good reputation and the engine is in good condition, why not?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts