Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recurrent ESP / ABS issue has cropped up yet again and so regretably I have initiated the rejection of the Kuga with the dealers as I have no faith now that they will ever sort this and I can't spend the next few years leaving it with them every few weeks for days/weeks on end.

Has anyone ever been through this process with Fords (or any manufacturer) - wondering what I can expect?

Luckily I have documented everything very carefully and so have copied in Ford Credit / head office as well as the key people at the dealership with the entire history of the issues with the car. Not sure if that will aid the process but went for a bit of blanket coverage with my complaints.

Would I be mad to ask for another if they offer to take it back - I do like the Kuga a lot as a vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats what they will do, they will offer you a new car. I had the same problems with a fiesta 5 years ago it had that many problems, in the end i demanded a new one or i would be taking them to court. The place i got my ford had this contract that if they could not fix the same problem after 3 attempts they would replace the vehicle.Do yourself a favour go in there kicking and shouting in front of other customers, ask for the boss and demand a solution.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Good luck I had the same problem with a Maverick several problems kept reoccuring after 3 attemps to rectify i rejected the car verbally to the MD of polar they then had 1 ;last attempt to fix the car which failed so the gave me another maverick ( Best thing to do is to go to yourdealer when they are busy and stand at the service desk and tell all about your problems they soon sort out yourreplacement took me 10mins of talking and the deal for the replacement was done ) Watch the mileage claim they wiil try and charge you milage on the old car Edited by: Rspannerman

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

I got a call from the sales manager tonight at 6:40pm - was surprised to say the least - they are doing the paperwork on it tomorrow apparently. Not had to go in shouting and screaming yet but I'll retain it as an option - no doubt it's most effective at weekends anyway when the showroom is busiest!!

Did they make you start again with Finance etc - I mean I paid deposit, gap insurance, supaguard (not sure why I bothered) and of course 2 or 3 monthly payments. Not sure what I should reasonably expect back - of course in my mind I want it all back, or to be put in a new similar (read same or better) spec car with no change in payments.

Have only managed to cover 1650 miles anyway so if I add it up at their rate of 8p per mile (excess mileage) it's not adding up to much!

How were the dealers after you rejected one of their cars - were they extra nice and sweetened the replacement deal or did they try and put you off as a potential problem customer?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The finance stayed the same the only payment i had to pay was for the extra mileage as they accepted the car was not fit for purpose. when i got the second Maverick it had several faults which ford where going to fix but i had enough an went and bought a Range Rover Bit of a difference but the price was good and the PX for the Maverick was Brilliant. I have just gone back to the dealer for the 1st time in March this yaer and spoke to the salesman i bought the Maverick off and he remebered me and gave me avery good deal on the car i was buying so yes OK

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went in and did the paperwork yesterday - dealers have masses of paperwork to fax over to Fords so apparently have a few days to wait to see what the outcome is.

Seems you were spot on - if they have a suitable specced car around then they can do a "nil balance" invoice to get me in the new car without too much hassle.

Warning light is on and off at random now so I know I have made the right decision. Think I might have to opt for a different colour now so that I can mentally reset and banish the thoughts of any faults!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a call from Ford CRC today - trying to tell me to give them another chance to fix the car. Said I wasn't happy with that but was told basically if I don't they won't help me - so reluctantly booked it in for Wednesday.

Then thought about it some more and got really angry - phoned OFT to see what their spin was and they said I had been more that reasonable so far, so have now told dealers and Ford Credit (writing letter tonight to CRC and Ford head Office) that I'm not going to bring it in for a fix, and that I am only accepting replacement or refund.

4 times is more than enough - especially when the fix lasts from 10 minutes to 3 weeks - I'll never trust this car again so am not going to continue to pay for it!!

If anyone has a fax no or email for Ford CRC or Executive Office at Warley that'd be great!! I could hand deliver to Warley - any Ford employees on here know if they'd get a letter hand delivered to them?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been a bit of a week chasing dealers and Ford - Ford really do not want to "commit" the car. Annoying thing was I got told this week that a customer at dealers other branch had same issues some time ago, and a fix that has so far lasted 4 months was stumbled upon by accident - I had mine less than that time in total - argh! Communication - it's the only way forward...

Anyway on Wednesday I handed the car back to the dealers and told themthat by 5pm today I wanted replacement ordered or a refund - anyway lo and behold a breakthrough today which should hopefully besigned and sealedtomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts