Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over here , first MOT ( APK they call it here ) is at 4 years from initial registration and am adjusting
yearly service intervals so that service and MOT will roughly be on same date. So next service
planned at 13 months after last - next month.
Practically on the day 12 months from last service , got the warning " refresh engine oil " which comes
on after every engine start. Oil level and colour look ok to me so is this something that has been
programmed into ECU to show up as a reminder or is it an indication that engine oil has degraded ?.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mmm, for me I’m not sure. I’ll guess that’s it’s a inbuilt timer after the last oil reset.
That would be the cheapest option. From one experience as well on another Kuga I had the service done early and a few weeks later I got the oil service light. I ranted at Ford for not resetting it and they said they had to wait for it to come on. They went through the door open, on off ignition both pedals down, whistling “Yankee doodle dandy” to do the reset.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Practically on the day 12 months from last service , got the warning " refresh engine oil " which comes
on after every engine start. Oil level and colour look ok to me so is this something that has been
programmed into ECU to show up as a reminder or is it an indication that engine oil has degraded ?.
It is based on mileage, or time... (ie one year)

It is very easy to reset the warning, use Google.

Just did mine a couple of days ago !

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
IIRC turn the ignition on (don't start the engine) while holding the accelerator to the floor (for what seems like an eternity) resets it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. will leave as is and see if the local Ford dealer will reset after service next
month. Seems distrust of Ford main dealers is not just limited to the UK !.
If it wasn't for Ford assist , would have long ago changed to one of the good independants
in the area.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It's Time and Mileage dependent, the PCM also logs DPF regenerations (partial and full), if the PCM decides/ calculates the oil is degraded it will also bring the oil change message up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts