Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the story is with the non-appearance of the rearview camera that is supposed to come with the 7 inch touchscreen nav option? Is it going to be offerered as a free upgrade if and when it's available? Any timescales for availability?
My local dealer has only supplied my Kuga so far, so is not very clued up yet.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
quatroxquatro said:
Anyone know what the story is with the non-appearance of the rearview camera that is supposed to come with the 7 inch touchscreen nav option? Is it going to be offerered as a free upgrade if and when it's available? Any timescales for availability?
My local dealer has only supplied my Kuga so far, so is not very clued up yet.

Cheers,

Dave
Yeah, I'd like to know too - according to my also-not-very-clued-up dealer, he reckons that the Rear Camera option will be available early next year. I've downloaded the Kuga manual and there's a section on the camera - I'd like to have it as I'm crap at parking!

·
Registered
69 Posts
From Ford:

Thank you for your email to Ford Information Service.

As of yet there has not been an official release date for the rear view camera.

After speaking to Ford Technical they have said that it may well be you can have this feature even if you already have sat nav as long as you have the correct module.

However they have not got the definite information that says it will work with sat nav and wont have that until it is released.

If you would like to receive further information on Ford products and promotions, organise a test drive and or receive a brochure on the new and up coming exciting Ford products, please contact us on 08457 111 888 with your details and we shall be very happy to assist you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future with an enquiry.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks zetec... not a vey commited reply from FIS there! I shall be hacked off if it turns out that it´s not included in the 7" touchscreen option. In the admittedly flimsy 'pre-release' brochure I was given, the Kuga interior shothas the 7 inch screenshowing a rearview image, andthe camerawas not listed separately in the options list that I ordered my car from. Also, quite a few early roadtests showed the camera fitted... pics 1 and 4 in the press clip link here:

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/fotos/2008/04/22/01101208889429416337256.htm

Anyone else in the same situation?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went back to the dealer this evening to collect the missing Touchscreen manual. I had asked about the camera a couple of days before, and today was told that it is not an option in Spain!

I was looking at the Driver Assistance / Optional Extras section link here on the kugaownwers web front page andf found this quote:

'If the high series 7-inch Navigation display is specified a rear-view camera to aid parking manoeuvres comes as standard equipment. The rear parking camera can also be specified as an option when the SD Navigation system is specified'.

What was the source of that information? What is going on here? Anyone on the inside know something?
Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just thought I'd bump this up...

...Dealer just called me and said that the rear-view camera is now available! Can't see it on the official site, but he said you get is as part of the premium sat-nav option.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Glad I found this thread! I kinda hoped the camera was included with the premium sat nav... part of the reason I included it in my spec list for a quote from the dealer. I will now check and let you know my dealers thoughts on this!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No change yet with my situation. Fortunately I'm getting used to the various beeps that signal that one or more of the parking sensors is active, but I am still waiting for news from Ford about the camera.

Has anyone actually got a rear view camera fitted to their Kuga?

·
Registered
119 Posts
If any one is interested you can buy a rear view camera from maplins for 99 quid. It comes with a 3.1/2 inch colour screen and is wireless, so you can stick it on the back of your caravan and use it as a rear view mirror!!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zetec said:
Just thought I'd bump this up...

...Dealer just called me and said that the rear-view camera is now available! Can't see it on the official site, but he said you get is as part of the premium sat-nav option.

My car is going in to have the towbar and USB fitted tomorrow, I need to push this camera thing at him again. The Spanishe-brochure has the camera shown there.Thanks for the update Zetec!

If I towed a caravan, the Maplin camera might be a good idea, not that much more expensive than a good set of extended rv mirrors. Cheers Joe90.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's a great gadget and a great shame that Ford have so blatantly marketed the Kuga with the camera and not delivered. I think it's the same story with the USB if I'm not mistaken?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I collected my Kuga on Friday and it has the camera, was told it was not on the car so the Ford garage have not charged me for it. It is great.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have never seen it listed as an option anywhere, so wonder if it will come as standard with the advanced sat nav unit??? Time will tell... Unless anyone has any inside info!?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cobs said:
I collected my Kuga on Friday and it has the camera, was told it was not on the car so the Ford garage have not charged me for it. It is great.

Hi Cobs, Thanks for the information! I wanted to know if it really was going to appear. So, just to confirm, you didn't order it separately, it was part of the 7 inch touch screen nav system?

Cheers, and welcome to the KOC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yup, ordered the sat nav 7 inch touch screen and was told that the reversing camera option as shown in the brochures would not be available. My local Ford garage was specifically told it would not be on my car. It arrived and there it was. They did not add any charge for it as it was not meant to be there. It is great by the way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
amser said:
I have never seen it listed as an option anywhere, so wonder if it will come as standard with the advanced sat nav unit??? Time will tell... Unless anyone has any inside info!?

I was told that if you order the Premium Sat Nav on a new Kuga from September 2008, the rear-view camera will be part of the kit. Can't wait to get mine.

I was also told that the camera cannot be retro-fitted after-sales...but then dealers have been wrong before...

·
Registered
40 Posts
amser said:

Doesn't come with the Advanced Nav but, if you order 'Premium Nav' you will get the DEATC, Heated Front Seats and (from Sept 2008 build) Rear View Camera. It isn't a standalone option.

The Advanced nav is £600 on Zetec not available on Titanium, think this is anaudible systemwith a little directional arrow between the speedo and rev counter. Premium Nav is £1500 on Zetec and £1000 on Titanium (presumably as it already has DEATC).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts