Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, hopefully an easy one. The rear wiper. If I squirt the washer it will wipe, when I reverse it will wipe but as for doing the low speed wipe or intermittent wipe I get nothing. Haven’t looked at the fuses yet but was wondering if it maybe the relay ( but can’t find one on the diagram) as I would of thought the fuse must be ok for it to do the other 2 operations. Could it be the actual switch on the top of the wiper control stalk ? Any help would be appreciated
Many thanks

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,423 Posts
Hi @Syberdaz and welcome to the forum. Please have a read here and update your signature with your car's details so we know what you have in the future.

I can't help with your query apart from it can't be the fuse or it wouldn't work at all.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I would suspect the switch is the problem.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,954 Posts
Since you mention the rear wiper, how does the blade come off?

Last time I washed “Vinny” I had a look and see couldn’t see any route other than a 2lb hammer and chisel. lol or to us northerners, a lump hammer or to the Scottish, a Scottish spanner.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,704 Posts
Since you mention the rear wiper, how does the blade come off?

Last time I washed “Vinny” I had a look and see couldn’t see any route other than a 2lb hammer and chisel. lol or to us northerners, a lump hammer or to the Scottish, a Scottish spanner.
Eat your Weetabix first Phil

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,954 Posts
Easy once you know.
2 x Weetabix req.

·
6,423 Posts
Very helpful @RonnieM but he says that s the procedure from 2016 onwards. What about earlier models. Mine is split and the rubber blade will slide either way but it's not like in the video.

·
Update Ninja
3,704 Posts
Weetabix first Martin, Ive got loads of videos bookmarked just in case I need them

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,954 Posts
He is from Hull and they eat tree bark, it has the same complexity about it.
Ooh, Weetabix with hot milk on a cold winters morning all mashed up like paper mache.

·
6,423 Posts
Weetabix first Martin, Ive got loads of videos bookmarked just in case I need them
I had a feeling you would know and saved me googling which I normally would. Levering it off with a screwdriver though. That's more @Psshaw than me.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,954 Posts
Is it pick on me week?

More a hammer n chisel man.

·
6,423 Posts
I was only getting my own back.

You should have been a Bricky.

·
Update Ninja
3,704 Posts
Martin, this one might be more up your street, its a more sophosticated approach

Reactions: smartguy69
1 - 14 of 14 Posts