Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Ford Kuga 2014 (European model) anyone fixed a rear seat that wont fold down, suspect something has come off from something the mechanism just seems to flop around . . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Nigel yep we have since discovered the cable has snapped. thanks for replying

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Nigel yep we have since discovered the cable has snapped. thanks for replying
Does anyone know where we could get just a new cable? Ford say there isn't a part number for the cable you have to buy the complete lower seat assembly. Thanks

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Does anyone know where we could get just a new cable? Ford say there isn't a part number for the cable you have to buy the complete lower seat assembly. Thanks

A good independent garage (forget the dealers) could probably either source one or make something up.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you can get the old cable off send it to somewhere like this. Depending on the size of the cable a cyclist or motorcycle spares outlet will be able to make you one up. I have had clutch cables and throttle cables made up by a small motorcycle spares shop in my home town.

Or just Google bespoke wire cables or wire rope cable until you find something appropriate.

Depending on the size of the cable, wire is available from Amazon and elsewhere and you can buy the wire rope clamps too. I bought mine from my local hardware shop (nuts and bolts) to repair some of my garage cables on the up and over door.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Probably a load of tosh, you will be able to find just the cable somewhere I reckon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts