Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello has anyone managed to retrofit heated seats onto the rear seat of there kuga mines a titanium x sport 2016

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
Nope. as it never an option on EU variants. No wiring no connections, no fusing nowhere for the switches.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I've fitted power points under the rear seats to power heated seat covers, powered from an ignition live in the rear fuse box.

Also fitetd a 30amp supply for a plug in heater also under the rear seats, also powered from the rear fuse box. Infact I've just put the heater in as its dropping cold. Fitted the heater when I got the car as Ford in their cost cutting had removed the supplementary electric ceramic heater in the diesel build from 2016 (or possibly late 2015) onward.

Reactions: DogDeluxe

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
It was an electric supplementary heater that was incorporated within the cab heater. On the Mk1 Kuag it was approximately a 600W heater, in the 2012 onward Mk2 it was a possibly a 300W heater and from 2016, no heater. Made all the different to defrosting all windows. Replaced with a heated steering wheel, which must help a great deal in defrosting side windows.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Here's a picture of where my custom made 300W heater sits and the power tails for the heated seat covers (pulled out from under the seat).
View.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts