Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,602 Posts
Some cars only have a fog light on the right hand side. Not sure if Kuga is the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some cars only have a fog light on the right hand side. Not sure if Kuga is the same.
Thanks for the reply
There are 2 identical red lenses fitted but only one lights up
I had a Renault like that some years ago and wired up the one not working
That had the fitting moulded in the plastic but no bulb holder
Just wondered if the Kuga was the same but can’t see how to get to it

·
10,602 Posts
Thanks for the reply
There are 2 identical red lenses fitted but only one lights up
I had a Renault like that some years ago and wired up the one not working
That had the fitting moulded in the plastic but no bulb holder
Just wondered if the Kuga was the same but can’t see how to get to it
I will go and check mine at lunch although mine is a 2015 model so could be different. I will now have to go and find out where the fog light switch is lol. In 30+ years of driving I bet I have only used it a handful of times.

·
Registered
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,544 Posts
Definitely 2 rear fog lights on my Kuga but its a 2019 mk2 uplift, maybe the 2020 mk3 only has 1

·
10,602 Posts
Thanks I thought my previous Kuga had two rear fog lights but my latest 2020 only lights up on one
Two on mine in the bumper. Cost cutting by Ford perhaps. Ring the dealer and ask how many fog lights it should have.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,647 Posts
It's not uncommon to have identical lenses but only a bulb in 1 of them, this is so they don't have to change the lights for LHD or RHD, they just add the bulb holder to whichever side is needed.

Reactions: takksi

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have now seen a video showing the new Kuga lights and only one rear fog light was illuminated
Having worked in Germany with a RHD car it would then have had the new Kuga with rear fog light on the near side. Not ideal on a foggy autobahn for the price of a bulb

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X Edition with Tech Pack - Black - 2021.25 Spec
64 Posts
I've seen comments on other car forums that it's not just cost cutting but cuts down the rear glare..... Two brighter fog lights could easily mask the brake lights, whereas if only one fog is lit, if the brake lights come on, should be more visible.

·
10,602 Posts
Too many people are too eager to put their fog lights on and the older cars were a right pain when they didn't turn off with the ignition. I had to go and look for the switch on the Kuga.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting point about masking brake lights on some cars
I agree about people forgetting to switch rear fog lights off it’s almost as annoying as people who don’t use the handbrake at traffic lights and sit with three brake lights glaring at the car behind

·
Registered
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,544 Posts
Interesting point about masking brake lights on some cars
I agree about people forgetting to switch rear fog lights off it’s almost as annoying as people who don’t use the handbrake at traffic lights and sit with three brake lights glaring at the car behind
Agree about the “traffic lights” point, but from experience, autos have to use brakes to prevent creep and yes I hear what your saying about using handbrake but a while back I was nearly rear ended at a set of lights and by pure chance I was looking in rear view mirror at the time and going to throttle from brake was instinctive and collision was averted, luckily I was at the front of the traffic Q. Those few seconds of selecting gear, releasing handbrake and then throttle would probably resulted in my car being written off and probable injury

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X Edition with Tech Pack - Black - 2021.25 Spec
64 Posts
Also, some cars with auto hold keep the brake lights illuminated despite removing the foot from the pedal. That, I do find odd. My Audi A6 turns the lights off on auto hold but seat leon of same age keeps them on. Quite odd.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, some cars with auto hold keep the brake lights illuminated despite removing the foot from the pedal. That, I do find odd. My Audi A6 turns the lights off on auto hold but seat leon of same age keeps them on. Quite odd.
Don’t know if I want to check mine
If they are on with the handbrake I will sit there feeling embarrassed
Wouldn’t want to die of shame😡

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well the brakes are still on and the hill hold only lasts for 5 seconds or so, so you would expect the brake lights to remain illuminated

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had a 2017 Qashqai and as soon as auto hold is engaged but the footbrake being pressed and held the rear brakes stayed lit until i auto hold came off the i moved off

·
Registered
424 Posts
Probably a good safety feature especially if you are at the back of a lane of stationary traffic and you take your foot off the brake and put the handbrake on while waiting - this at least give the car coming up fast behind that you are braking

1 - 20 of 23 Posts