Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kuga STLine (MK3) PHeV Solar Silver
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,
I’m a new Kuga owner (mk3) and got the car on HP.
I made sure I had a tow bar installed (it’s a removable one), but now I’ve got the car at home and looked closer to fit a tow bar mounted bike carrier, the rear bumper fairing (not sure if it’s got a different name!) blocks free access to the plug socket for trailer/bike carrier electrics. It’s a 13pin connection, I think there’s possibly just enough room to get a 13pin plug in, but most bike carriers have 7pin so I’d need an adapter.
question, does this fairing need to be cut out to get the plug in or am I missing g something with the set up?

·
Registered
2020 KUGA 2.5 PHEV ST-Line First Edition 5dr CVT
3 Posts
Just had nine done. The socket rotates down to gain access.

·
Registered
2021 Kuga STLine (MK3) PHeV Solar Silver
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had nine done. The socket rotates down to gain access.
Thanks for the input, in fact my wonderful wife (she asked me to write that) went out and had a look and worked it out! I obviously hadn’t pulled hard enough on the socket when I tried!

All sorted, but now I’ve got to put up with a smug wife.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,787 Posts
A smug wife is a happy wife lol.

Welcome to the forum. Have a read here and update your signature when you get chance. It helps other member know what you have and even though you have said you have a mk3 we do get quite a few owners with the mk2 facelift who think it's a mk3. Please include manufacture year, exact model, fuel type etc. If you have done it right then it will appear like mine does at the bottom of this post. Note if you just use the Car Details section then it only puts some of the info in under your user name. It's best to use the signature.

I have moved the thread to the mk3 section.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
458 Posts
Thanks for the input, in fact my wonderful wife (she asked me to write that) went out and had a look and worked it out! I obviously hadn’t pulled hard enough on the socket when I tried!

All sorted, but now I’ve got to put up with a smug wife.
How embarrassing, props for owning up though (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts