Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Have a 2013 1.3lt turbo petrol kuga, we purchased recently and took to mechanic as was very noisy thought it was wheel bearing or tyres changed tyres still had noise so into mechanic we went on inspection the mechanic found diff full of metal flakes so took inspection plate off to find crown wheel had sheared edge of teeth away, we contacted ford to order a new one $3800 mechanic installed and happy days, on further inspection mechanic said he thought It looked as though the diffs were pre aligned and wasnt able to be set up by regular mechanics indicating that fault may have been from factory i contacted ford Australia and was given the polite f**ck off we wont give you anything or accept that this could be a recall fault, my question is has anyone else had issues with same problem or knows if what my mechanic is saying could be just crap thoughts would be great guys
Happy driving talk soon
Doug

·
Registered
452 Posts
Not heard of any I'm afraid. How many miles/Km has it done?

Bob

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,067 Posts
Hi @Dougie46, welcome to the forum,

Please take a minute to fill out your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here.....Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
Ford mandate that the rear differential oil is changed every 60000 miles at a maximum or 3 years whichever comes first. If it hasn't been done you have two hopes of any warranty claim on Ford and one of them is called Bob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes and have my suspicions it wasnt checked prior to car being purchased, even though it has full dealer service history since new I reckon local ford dealership said they checked it but didnt, also front diff was low on oil with oil leaking from seals, wouldnt have known it unless my mechanic didnt have the sense to remove stone guard and check himself so he averted another diff replacement😂, just seems strange how a vehicle can blow a diff at 115000kms(especially ford) just got to look at the old 1960s ford Falcons their diff could withstand just about any punishment you could dish out to them without any failure but now seems like quality has far become gone😔 honestly the only couple of things I like about the kuga is the room for a SUV they are nice sized and comfortable to drive, also like the power of the 1.6lt turbo engine very punchy rest of it though seems like ford cut corners on such as the cabin noise and not to many bells n whistles for the price

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Ford mandate that the rear differential oil is changed every 60000 miles at a maximum or 3 years whichever comes first. If it hasn't been done you have two hopes of any warranty claim on Ford and one of them is called Bob.
Does Bob also have a brother called "No"

Reactions: Les
1 - 8 of 8 Posts