Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to seperate the diffuser on rear bumper without taking bumper off,want to paint it ,but cant see the top fixings is it just (brute force and ignorance) or is there a fixing .many thanks in advance .

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Does anyone know how to seperate the diffuser on rear bumper without taking bumper off,want to paint it ,but cant see the top fixings is it just (brute force and ignorance) or is there a fixing .many thanks in advance .
[/QUOTE
You need @murcod to reply to this as he has replaced his.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Behind the bumper there are two metal spring clips- one on each side near the lower edge- that hold the panel in place. You need to get underneath with a torch to see them. They need to be removed (I used a flat screwdriver to compress and then "flick" them out) and then you can start pulling the panel off. The rest of it is a friction fit with tabs to hold it in place. If you've got the auto tailgate with kick sensor then you'll want to unscrew the sensor from the lower middle section of the panel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you read the post you will see I want to remove the diffuser from the bumper ,not the bumper I.
Behind the bumper there are two metal spring clips- one on each side near the lower edge- that hold the panel in place. You need to get underneath with a torch to see them. They need to be removed (I used a flat screwdriver to compress and then "flick" them out) and then you can start pulling the panel off. The rest of it is a friction fit with tabs to hold it in place. If you've got the auto tailgate

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
If you are referring to the silver scrub panels in the centre of the bumper underneath which is between the two exhaust pipes then murcod has told you how it separates from the bumper. If you are referring to another part then perhaps post a picture for more help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you read the post you will see I want to remove the diffuser from the bumper ,not the bumper I.
Thanks for that I will try that later .
Thanks Marco, much obliged .undid two clips underneath then removed two panel clips underneath.hey presto just pull and off it came .Brilliant .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts