Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New to the forum, but not a new Kuga owner.

I’ve had the pleasure of owning my 2016 mk2 Kuga for the last 3 years and it’s been fantastic.

However I’ve noticed a troublesome “nick” in the paintwork on the rear bumper that is steadily growing outwards.

Does anyone know the exact colour for the silver rear bumper section and possibly the best way to repair it? I’ve attached a stock photo I found on Google images to describe what I’m talking about.

Thanks in advance!
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,706 Posts
I @grantyboy11 and welcome to the forum. Please have a read of the link below and add your car's details I the signature box which saves you having to type in what you have each time you want to post.

I can't help you with the paint colour but other members have either painted the scuff plate black or had them vinyl wrapped. You could try a local automotive paint supplies who make up aerosols and they should be able to colour match it for you. Had this done a couple of times now for the motorbike and lawnmower.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I @grantyboy11 and welcome to the forum. Please have a read of the link below and add your car's details I the signature box which saves you having to type in what you have each time you want to post.

I can't help you with the paint colour but other members have either painted the scuff plate black or had them vinyl wrapped. You could try a local automotive paint supplies who make up aerosols and they should be able to colour match it for you. Had this done a couple of times now for the motorbike and lawnmower.
Thanks for the reply, and I’ve gone ahead and added my info to my signature 👍🏼
A wrap doesn’t sound a bad idea, failing that I could pay a visit to my local body shop I suppose.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
130 Posts
I’ve repainted the rear silver panel on my mates Kuga using Ford Moondust Silver, which incidentally is also the same colour used on Mk3 Focus S 18” wheels that I had to paint after carelessly hitting a high kerb.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
6,706 Posts
I thought I recognised the colour. We had a Fiesta that was Moondust Silver.

Reactions: The Painter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve repainted the rear silver panel on my mates Kuga using Ford Moondust Silver, which incidentally is also the same colour used on Mk3 Focus S 18” wheels that I had to paint after carelessly hitting a high kerb.
Ah nice one! I’ll buy a can of moondust silver and put my skills to to the test.
Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ah nice one! I’ll buy a can of moondust silver and put my skills to to the test.
Cheers
ive just re-read you initial post and you mention a ‘nick’ that’s growing outward, which makes me think that the silver panel is being fouled by something. Check the tow bar isn’t the culprit before repairing and painting the panel.

·
6,706 Posts
We had 3 Fie
My wife had a 12 plate Fiesta for 6yrs, never failed it’s MOT
We had three Fiesta's. First was a 2002 mk6 diesel with the Peugeot 1.4 which I bought for my son to learn to drive in. Delightful little car which would do 60mpg. Mk 7 09 plate 1.4 and a mk7 12 plate 1.2. The 1.2 was gutless. Supposedly only 2bhp less than the 1.4. Not sure where that was measured but it certainly can't have been anywhere from 0 to 60. We didn't keep it long but it looked nice on the drive lol.

Reactions: The Painter

·
6,706 Posts
Deleted as it had posted twice.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,798 Posts
Just been browsing and looking at this
can anybody explain why Ford call the front and rear scuff plates a “luggage rack” because I can’t……totally illogical

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just been browsing and looking at this
can anybody explain why Ford call the front and rear scuff plates a “luggage rack” because I can’t……totally illogical
I worked for them and came across lots of strangely named panels and parts. Eg, why FMC call sills Rocker Panels?

·
Registered
2021 phev Kuga st line
15 Posts
I’ve repaired a few rear panels on Kuga’s, the colour is not moondust silver, but it really doesn’t matter if you paint the complete panel, no one will ever know. At work we use a spectrometer that takes a photo of the colour then gives us a colour match and a “recipe”to make the colour. If you look carefully though you will notice that the panel is clear coated in matte lacquer, not gloss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts